Food Photography


Status
Not open for further replies.

bingyan

New Member
Feb 25, 2004
163
0
0
#1
now that I've just got my new Nikon D70, anyone can advise any lobang to learn food photography for my website?

anything.. be it any thread, web link, courses .......

www.sgkueh.com
 

#3
bingyan said:
now that I've just got my new Nikon D70, anyone can advise any lobang to learn food photography for my website?

anything.. be it any thread, web link, courses .......

www.sgkueh.com
food photography, unlike other discipline, is a very specialised area of photography.

not just any studio dealing with still life are good at food photography. they've got to know the food product, the characteristic and the culture too.

here's an interesting article for u to refer to.

here!
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#4
tough to find courses in food photography here. perhaps, start with still-lifes as suggested earlier.
 

reachme2003

Senior Member
Oct 6, 2003
3,735
0
0
#5
Cheesecake said:
food photography, unlike other discipline, is a very specialised area of photography.

not just any studio dealing with still life are good at food photography. they've got to know the food product, the characteristic and the culture too.

here's an interesting article for u to refer to.

here!
good link!
 

bingyan

New Member
Feb 25, 2004
163
0
0
#6
Cheesecake said:
food photography, unlike other discipline, is a very specialised area of photography.

not just any studio dealing with still life are good at food photography. they've got to know the food product, the characteristic and the culture too.

here's an interesting article for u to refer to.

here!
cool

yr link sure looks yummy!

thanks
 

snowspeeder

Senior Member
Feb 16, 2004
3,672
0
36
www.themenatwork.com
#8
Check out borders bookstore. They always have different cultural cook books on sale for like $10. It comes with many good pics on food photography, the way the dish is positioned, etc. Good reference books.
 

Prismatic

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2003
1,323
0
36
38
In the void.
Visit site
#9
A thing about food photography is... food dun necessary look the nicest when it's fully cooked. And a lot of things you see in food photography aren't really edible either. I've seen some tv shows where they put lacquer on roast meat just to get the gloss on the surface.
 

Stereobox

Senior Member
Dec 21, 2003
2,116
0
0
Cocteau Twins
#10
lacquer? eww!

but usually a thin film of oil or melted butter brushed over the meat will achieve the effect. use lighting to create highlights on the shiny parts.
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#11
yes lacquers. most food stylists, once they are done "making up" the food, render the food inedibile.

Stereobox said:
lacquer? eww!

but usually a thin film of oil or melted butter brushed over the meat will achieve the effect. use lighting to create highlights on the shiny parts.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom