I'd like to be part of this group but I won't be available this and the following weekend.
As a suggestion though, maybe we can look for food shots from magazines and try to replicate them. Like pouring wine, splashing, dipping or simple arrangements. That way, we can plan which materials to bring as it takes a lot of time to prepare food than to shoot it.
The idea is to learn by copying. Then after that, we experiment with the same materials.
Just some of my thoughts.
Hope you have a good time this weekend!
No worries Drumma, there will be other meets.drumma: paiseh, have to miss this cos kana last min arrow. Actually i was thinking if we could have something online to read regarding food photography so that everyone has a rough idea of what to expect? Like shooting in studio, environmental, diff ways of handling like how to shoot ice creams, foods? What lightings to expect, and DI too? And what sort of photographs are we looking at, etc..
Thanks for the tips Casio. Great points! :thumbsup:I won't be able to join but for the meeting this weekend, but I suggest the following agenda:
1. don't bring any gear for now
2. Bring pics you shot, from magazines, from online, etc.. the more the merrier
3. choose 1-3 you like best.
4. study them and try to identify the kind of lighting used, food materials, etc.
5. set another meeting, bring the gear and food materials you need then shoot.