Fluid - a rainy day photography


Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

Moderator
Staff member
May 11, 2002
4,028
0
36
45
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
#1
Hi All....

Just like to share some pics taken today......at home......broke my EVERY SATURDAY MORNING BOTANIC vow.......cos its raining...so have to do something at home......Photographing the Rain.....

So I capture this in a high speed sync mode.......resized for web....

Fluid.......


Comments are welcome...

Regards,
Sulhan
 

Jer76

Senior Member
Apr 21, 2002
1,049
0
36
West
#2
how did u do that? u took the pic in b/w? nice effect
 

sulhan

Moderator
Staff member
May 11, 2002
4,028
0
36
45
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
#3
Hi there....thanks

The photo was taken using the simple methoed of locking the focus at the start of the drip and sligtly tilt the camera to somewhere about 4 to 5 cm below the drip...then in TV(Aperture Prioity) mode...i set the Shutter speed to 1/2000 (the fastest i have on board the camera)...with flash sync at this high speed....

THe metering is on the drip start point. As the shot is actuall y an up ward shot towards the greying white sky at the moment.....in B/W mode....the sky can then be flushed white in Photoshop.....by say adjusting the brightness and contrast.....

Just a little tweaking......and hence the image....to make it looks like a growing flower...i present the image in the opposite orientation...to show the water growing...

Well....

Have fun trying out..

Regards,
me
 

munfai

New Member
Apr 19, 2002
1,354
0
0
39
#6
Originally posted by sulhan
EVERY SATURDAY MORNING BOTANIC vow
cool! how come i never see you there as well? let's shoot together the next time you go!
 

Kei

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
2,080
0
36
#7
Creative and interesting shot.

:thumbsup:
 

W

Wildfox

Guest
#8
Originally posted by sulhan
Hi there....thanks

The photo was taken using the simple methoed of locking the focus at the start of the drip and sligtly tilt the camera to somewhere about 4 to 5 cm below the drip...then in TV(Aperture Prioity) mode...i set the Shutter speed to 1/2000 (the fastest i have on board the camera)...with flash sync at this high speed....

THe metering is on the drip start point. As the shot is actuall y an up ward shot towards the greying white sky at the moment.....in B/W mode....the sky can then be flushed white in Photoshop.....by say adjusting the brightness and contrast.....

Just a little tweaking......and hence the image....to make it looks like a growing flower...i present the image in the opposite orientation...to show the water growing...

Well....

Have fun trying out..

Regards,
me


hi sulhan..

i dun understand the last part on "opposite orientation" care to expalin in details?

AH hAO!;)
 

munfai

New Member
Apr 19, 2002
1,354
0
0
39
#9
Originally posted by Wildfox
i dun understand the last part on "opposite orientation" care to expalin in details?
i think he means that the picture upside-down
 

munfai

New Member
Apr 19, 2002
1,354
0
0
39
#10
Originally posted by sulhan
THe metering is on the drip start point. As the shot is actuall y an up ward shot towards the greying white sky at the moment.....in B/W mode....the sky can then be flushed white in Photoshop.....by say adjusting the brightness and contrast.....
you can also flush the sky white by using the channel mixer.
 

sulhan

Moderator
Staff member
May 11, 2002
4,028
0
36
45
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
#11
Hi Munfai,

Remeber the time i met you at Botanic....... I normally start off from the Parks office and walk up to wards the front pond......and lately my boss and his boss normally organise outings at BG so usually go with them....at odd timings....7.00am....etc...

This week maybe on sunday instead at the ECO garden...section


regards,
Sulhan
 

munfai

New Member
Apr 19, 2002
1,354
0
0
39
#12
Originally posted by sulhan
Hi Munfai,

Remeber the time i met you at Botanic....... I normally start off from the Parks office and walk up to wards the front pond......and lately my boss and his boss normally organise outings at BG so usually go with them....at odd timings....7.00am....etc...

This week maybe on sunday instead at the ECO garden...section


regards,
Sulhan
yah i remember... but haven't met you again since then.

you going at 7am on Sunday? where is the ECO garden?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom