Fluid - a rainy day photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hi All....

Just like to share some pics taken today......at home......broke my EVERY SATURDAY MORNING BOTANIC vow.......cos its raining...so have to do something at home......Photographing the Rain.....

So I capture this in a high speed sync mode.......resized for web....

Fluid.......

Comments are welcome...

Regards,
Sulhan

how did u do that? u took the pic in b/w? nice effect

Hi there....thanks

The photo was taken using the simple methoed of locking the focus at the start of the drip and sligtly tilt the camera to somewhere about 4 to 5 cm below the drip...then in TV(Aperture Prioity) mode...i set the Shutter speed to 1/2000 (the fastest i have on board the camera)...with flash sync at this high speed....

THe metering is on the drip start point. As the shot is actuall y an up ward shot towards the greying white sky at the moment.....in B/W mode....the sky can then be flushed white in Photoshop.....by say adjusting the brightness and contrast.....

Just a little tweaking......and hence the image....to make it looks like a growing flower...i present the image in the opposite orientation...to show the water growing...

Well....

Have fun trying out..

Regards,
me

erhmm..can someone advise how to attach an image?

Originally posted by sulhan
EVERY SATURDAY MORNING BOTANIC vow

cool! how come i never see you there as well? let's shoot together the next time you go!

Creative and interesting shot.

:thumbsup:

Hi there....thanks

The photo was taken using the simple methoed of locking the focus at the start of the drip and sligtly tilt the camera to somewhere about 4 to 5 cm below the drip...then in TV(Aperture Prioity) mode...i set the Shutter speed to 1/2000 (the fastest i have on board the camera)...with flash sync at this high speed....

THe metering is on the drip start point. As the shot is actuall y an up ward shot towards the greying white sky at the moment.....in B/W mode....the sky can then be flushed white in Photoshop.....by say adjusting the brightness and contrast.....

Just a little tweaking......and hence the image....to make it looks like a growing flower...i present the image in the opposite orientation...to show the water growing...

Well....

Have fun trying out..

Regards,
me

hi sulhan..

i dun understand the last part on "opposite orientation" care to expalin in details?

AH hAO!;)

Originally posted by Wildfox
i dun understand the last part on "opposite orientation" care to expalin in details?

i think he means that the picture upside-down

you can also flush the sky white by using the channel mixer.

Hi Munfai,

Remeber the time i met you at Botanic....... I normally start off from the Parks office and walk up to wards the front pond......and lately my boss and his boss normally organise outings at BG so usually go with them....at odd timings....7.00am....etc...

This week maybe on sunday instead at the ECO garden...section

regards,
Sulhan

Hi Munfai,

Remeber the time i met you at Botanic....... I normally start off from the Parks office and walk up to wards the front pond......and lately my boss and his boss normally organise outings at BG so usually go with them....at odd timings....7.00am....etc...

This week maybe on sunday instead at the ECO garden...section

regards,
Sulhan

yah i remember... but haven't met you again since then.

you going at 7am on Sunday? where is the ECO garden?

Its a great pic!!
I'm totally new.. i dont get how u actually captured tt image.. can explain in easier terms?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.