Flashbracket for 5D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelsea FC

Aug 31, 2007
Hi,

Can someone please recommend a Flash Bracket that can be used with a 5D with the Canon battery grip (BG-E4) attached ?

I have tried several bracket makes, but shooting vertically, I normally end up with the bracket hard up against the grip and my fingers cannot reach the shutter button or main dial on the grip, or at the very least it is uncomfortable ! :dunno:

I did purchase the SB-1 but having the flash (580EXII) under the camera when having to use in portrait mode is ungainly to say the least, although you do get the full attention of the subject if there is a crowd ...

What are other 5D users using ?

Many Thanks,

Hi,

Can someone please recommend a Flash Bracket that can be used with a 5D with the Canon battery grip (BG-E4) attached ?

I have tried several bracket makes, but shooting vertically, I normally end up with the bracket hard up against the grip and my fingers cannot reach the shutter button or main dial on the grip, or at the very least it is uncomfortable ! :dunno:

I did purchase the SB-1 but having the flash (580EXII) under the camera when having to use in portrait mode is ungainly to say the least, although you do get the full attention of the subject if there is a crowd ...

What are other 5D users using ?

Many Thanks,

try the Stroboframe VH 2000 or VH 3000. I had the 2000 once and fits perfectly on my 5D plus grip. But alas, I just sold it, else can sell to you.

I have always been eying the RRS flash brackets. They fit onto the L plate (also sold by them separately), which is awesome, but expensive.

I have always been eying the RRS flash brackets. They fit onto the L plate (also sold by them separately), which is awesome, but expensive.
Hi NMSS_2, Hanqiang1011, Headshotzx,

Many Thanks for the suggestions ! will give them a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.