Flashaholics - Fall In Here

....well it's a lesson learned, btw does anyone here uses the torch as an alternative light source for their photography? I have done a series with models..kinda fun, which led me to search for more powerful stuff...

....well it's a lesson learned, btw does anyone here uses the torch as an alternative light source for their photography? I have done a series with models..kinda fun, which led me to search for more powerful stuff...
lightpainting! haha...time for you to buy a surefire hellfighter. ;p

i got an MTE P60 module at $30 from S.K. Trading at Beach Rd blk 1, its the 1st shop just beside the "army market".

http://www.mteccd.com/

throws nearly as far as Fenix T1 but with a with hotspot. :cool: & i tot the 255 lumens were a bluff. lol.

Becareful of using drop-in which produces alot of heat, G2 has a plastic body, bezel & tailcap heat can't dissapate from the drop-in, if a high powered LED drop is switch on for too long *poof*.....heat will kill the LED.

Becareful of using drop-in which produces alot of heat, G2 has a plastic body, bezel & tailcap heat can't dissapate from the drop-in, if a high powered LED drop is switch on for too long *poof*.....heat will kill the LED.

custom-made metallic bezel-head will helps in G2 in dissipating the heat

g2metalbezeltailcap800bxj5.jpg

....umh was checking whether the rechargeable I got from Black Technology works......guess the batteries work as the surefire got fried....i guess.

Surefire's incan bulb has pretty low tolerance for slight higher voltage common to even those "LiFE" rechargeables. If u like incan with rechargeables in Surefire then get 9V Xenon lamp assembly & use with 2x 3.6V/3.7V Li-ION (RCR123 fully charged ~ 4V, i.e. x2pcs ~ 8V, manageable for 9V Xenon L.A.)

see u soon bro!

Last edited:
lightpainting! haha...time for you to buy a surefire hellfighter. ;p

..hellfighter sure looks good at 500 lumens and 2.5in head...so is inova colour.......think I am getting hook on this craze....haha.

...u guys can check out some of my experimental works with light at www.modelmayhem.com/dtbt

i do. as long as the light produced is smooth enough. :) but iwould prefer not to shine a powerful light at a model's face, objects are fine btw. :)

Anyone know how to test the lumen for certain torchlight since it nv stated. example: D&G LED torchlight (the new one with 3 led and one orange bulb one)
Thanks.:D

Anyone know how to test the lumen for certain torchlight since it nv stated. example: D&G LED torchlight (the new one with 3 led and one orange bulb one)
Thanks.:D

unfortunately i dun think the local community have the required apparatus to do an accurate test. i normally just bring a light which i am familiar with then request the shop to toss in some batts to do a comparison test. i personally do not need the specs down to absolute detail as real world application are quite dfferent from numbers on paper.

stuff like beam profile & how 'clean' the beam is, tint, color rendition, how big the hotspot is, etc, are all taken in for consideration as to how useful the light output is. :)

btw, the orange bulb is LED or incand?

Last edited:
unfortunately i dun think the local community have the required apparatus to do an accurate test. i normally just bring a light which i am familiar with then request the shop to toss in some batts to do a comparison test. i personally do not need the specs down to absolute detail as real world application are quite dfferent from numbers on paper.

stuff like beam profile & how 'clean' the beam is, tint, color rendition, how big the hotspot is, etc, are all taken in for consideration as to how useful the light output is. :)

ok.. tks! cos i using D&G led torchlight to shoot macro but the power output is low.. not bright enough. How do u or all those using or have the D&G new led torchlight grade it? thanks.

that torchlight went to the bin right after BMT and was replaced by my fenix.

the new led one le... go right into bin...:bsmilie: think i shld get a better torch liao. Among all torch, which brand is budget-wise and with high lumen one?

ok.. tks! cos i using D&G led torchlight to shoot macro but the power output is low.. not bright enough. How do u or all those using or have the D&G new led torchlight grade it? thanks.

D&G not worth buying, its below average.