FL-36

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruno84sg

Jul 12, 2007
North
Anybody has this problem wif FL-36 that some of the AA batteries can't work in this flash? I tried using a NEW GP AA battery, it can't be on. But I switch to energiser, can... y? :dunno:
Defect huh? Should my FL-36 go for "check-up"?
Any recommendation for rechargeable AA batteries and charger?

Anybody has this problem wif FL-36 that some of the AA batteries can't work in this flash? I tried using a NEW GP AA battery, it can't be on. But I switch to energiser, can... y? :dunno:
Defect huh? Should my FL-36 go for "check-up"?
Any recommendation for rechargeable AA batteries and charger?

recharable batteries are not so usable with Oly flash. I am still using recharable batteries for not so rapid fire event but for those event when I need fast flash cycle, I bring extra packs of 4x AA, ie bring 8 or 12 of them.
By the way I am using FL-50.

Sanyo Eneloops seem to work great the last time I tried, with FL-50R. :)

Some times it takes a few charges for new NiMH batteries to take on a full charge...personally I've had great success with GP batteries (the green/orange variety), but I recently switched to Eneloop as everyone has been selling them cheaper (Eneloops recharge with NiMH chargers, but don't lose capacity like normal NiMHs, and are even fully charged when they come from the store).

I am on Eneloop, no problems whatsoever...

Using GP Recyko+ and not having any issues at all..

Thanks for recommending the rechargeable batteries.
But the problem with my FL-36 is i cannot ON my flash with the GP normal Alkaline AA batteries. But it works well wif Energiser.

The flash is designed with safeguards on the battery door so that if you put the batteries in backwards the flash won't be energized.

However, this safeguard may cause problems with certain brands of battery. Of the ends that stick up, see if the positive end isn't too wide for the channel, or maybe the plastic surrounding the positive end of the battery is sticking up so much that it makes contact with the plastic rails and pushes the battery away from the flash door's positive battery contact...there's two plastic rails there to prevent the negative end making contact if you put the battery in backwards. Do the same with the negative end and the negative contact (it could be too covered up by the plastic insulation).

I am using sony 2700 works well with my FL36R. I also have eneloop but yet to try it.

i'm using GP 2500 series without any problem at all

The flash is designed with safeguards on the battery door so that if you put the batteries in backwards the flash won't be energized.

However, this safeguard may cause problems with certain brands of battery. Of the ends that stick up, see if the positive end isn't too wide for the channel, or maybe the plastic surrounding the positive end of the battery is sticking up so much that it makes contact with the plastic rails and pushes the battery away from the flash door's positive battery contact...there's two plastic rails there to prevent the negative end making contact if you put the battery in backwards. Do the same with the negative end and the negative contact (it could be too covered up by the plastic insulation).

THANKS!!! it helps!!!

In fact i think its on par or better than alkalines.

Ah bro... what brand of alkalines u using... so lasting? i thought most alkalines have like 1000-1200mah kinda live span...

I'm using eneloops and energizers... no problems... but the eneloops seem to be more lasting than the energizers in terms of cycle time after 100+ shots...

I'm using sony rechargable battery without problem.

Cheers
JC

I am using two 2500mAh Uniross rechargeable batteries for my FL36. Curious how much shots can you guys get from your batteries?

i know my energiser 2500mah can last me a whole day (about 400 shots) if i can live with slower recharge time...

Usually i change batts when i hit about 300 flashes...

The eneloops feels like they can recharge faster thou... they usually last up to 400 before i feel anything...

Fthe FL36, you may start feeling it way earlier... cause it already have a slow recharge time to start with...

i know my energiser 2500mah can last me a whole day (about 400 shots) if i can live with slower recharge time...

Usually i change batts when i hit about 300 flashes...

The eneloops feels like they can recharge faster thou... they usually last up to 400 before i feel anything...

Fthe FL36, you may start feeling it way earlier... cause it already have a slow recharge time to start with...

Sorry... the Energiser you are refering is their rechargeable batteries?

yup. Those u find in ntuc...

bought them out of convinence.... didn't think that they will be my primary workhorse... i keep my eneloop as my spares in case i forget to charge the energisers..

yup. Those u find in ntuc...

bought them out of convinence.... didn't think that they will be my primary workhorse... i keep my eneloop as my spares in case i forget to charge the energisers..

Thanks... wow 400 shots on 2 AAs, may I ask what is their mAh?

Status
Not open for further replies.