first time posting really. teach me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.c.e

Jul 27, 2007
hi all, this is my first time posting here.
i wanted to improve on my photo taking as i think it really bad.
so hope YOU can teach me.

Picture246.jpg

Picture247.jpg

tanks for viewing and your C & C.:embrass:

Erm...

No write up is present...what comments would you like to receive?
Read this and this. Basically, there are certain rules and guidelines to posting in critique corner, of which you have not complied to.

I suggest you've read the guidelines, as mentioned first?

ok readed.
sorry for two pics posted.
please try and pin point all my mistake.
i'am ready for all comment. (actually i don't expect any good comment for me)
i really feel like my pic are PnS, snapshot no standard at all.
and i want to improve and don't watse my money on DSLR so i came here after reading about what this place is about.

...so which photo to comment?

Nice, Subject you got tere~ ;)

The photos are def a bit blur.

If you Cam doesnt have Stabliser, Try to increase the iso, pergaps 200-400 ISO.

If you take pictures indoor with average white lighting, try to control shutter not less than 1/10. *Increase ISO BT 200-400 if neccessary.

Hmm... Cropping is a little too tight.

1st shot could better if da girl smile instead of opening her mouth. But if its a candy shot, no choice.

2nd shot can improve by showing "POCKY" stick she is eating.

Overall Nice try for 1st attempt. :D:thumbsup:

comment on any pics pls.

haha, actually shoot with dslr about one year plus liao.
when want try to post pics here. i just found out that i got no pics that i can call it nice compared to ppl who post pic here. (so, it really very upsetting):cry:

Mate, dun worry,.. P&S cannot achieve the bokeh behind the girl. It would be all sharp because if the large DOF. You must also understand that it's not just the camera but also the composition that plays a part to getting good pics.

Firstly, your pics is alittle blur. Can be fix by using a faster shutterspeed, higher ISO, bigger aperture. Aim between eyes and shoot.

Secondly, the lack of expression which makes it look like a snapshot. First shot, open mouth, lazy eye contact. 2nd shot, no eye contact. Lack of catchlights. The trick is to shoot alot of pics, if you are lucky, you should have a couple of good ones. Learn to see the light and use it. Post process also needed to remove the mosquito bites and enchance the colors/constract.

Mate, dun worry,.. P&S cannot achieve the bokeh behind the girl. It would be all sharp because if the large DOF. You must also understand that it's not just the camera but also the composition that plays a part to getting good pics.

Firstly, your pics is alittle blur. Can be fix by using a faster shutterspeed, higher ISO, bigger aperture. Aim between eyes and shoot.

Secondly, the lack of expression which makes it look like a snapshot. First shot, open mouth, lazy eye contact. 2nd shot, no eye contact. Lack of catchlights. The trick is to shoot alot of pics, if you are lucky, you should have a couple of good ones. Learn to see the light and use it. Post process also needed to remove the mosquito bites and enchance the colors/constract.

The Bolded and Underlined are good points for you.
If TS dont mind me sharing my pic for comparison.

2745398367_a696f85b2a_m.jpg

This shot was taken out of many shots, and for this one only he turned to look at me. I had my focus on him, that leaves the right side blurred as bokeh. Natural daylighting was used; and you can see the shadows on his face. I wasnt standing, in fact I was squatting down to his eye level to get this shot. Children are active, so we need high shutterspeeds, provided there's lots light.

Hope this helps.

first pic background too distracting pic crop to tight Arm is chop off half, 2nd pic slightly better but still crop to tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.