First time mounting a DSLR lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

maisatomai

Deregistered
Oct 26, 2006
Hi, bought a new 50mm f1.4 lens and mounting it on my 400d. Will I hear a click sound if I mount it properly? Because I mount, turn as clockwise (or anti-clockwise forget already) as possible and there is no click sound. Will the lens fall off and break?

Hi, bought a new 50mm f1.4 lens and mounting it on my 400d. Will I hear a click sound if I mount it properly? Because I mount, turn as clockwise (or anti-clockwise forget already) as possible and there is no click sound. Will the lens fall off and break?

u should hear a click sound... it's pretty loud. do u have any other lens to try mounting on to see if there's a similar prob?

is it a Canon-mount lens?? :angel:

You align the dot (or line) on your lens barrel, with the one next to the lens mount, on the camera body.
For my Nikon, the dot is to my left, from my perspective behind the viewfinder. Not sure about Canon. I think it's the same.
Then I rotate the lens till the dot (or line) is at the top of the lens barrel.

Last edited:
the click might not be that audible to some. to be sure, gently twist the lens left and right to see whether is it mounted firmly on the cam.

Just look at the aperture value on the body. IF Aperture value was display, then you mount it correctly. If no aperture value was display, dismount and remount the lens again. Clicking of sound is not important. Just double check that the lens cant turn anti-clockwise after you fully turn clockwise till the end.

cheers:)

Status
Not open for further replies.