First Night to Barrage - Disappointed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyori

Mar 14, 2007
PLEASE SEE MY DAY 2 PIC at PAGE 2

Hi Fellows CS!

Just went to Barrage to test out my 450D .. however feel that the photos are not sharp ..
the Flyer pic was using EF-S 55- 250 mm lens, while the rest is using kit lens! ~
Pls advise.. :(

Somemore all was using tripod with timer.

#1 AWB/ 5" / F9.0 ISO100

barrage009.jpg

#2 1AWB/ TV mode / 10" F6.3 / ISO 100

barrage026.jpg

#3 AWB/ 25" / AV Mode/ ISO 100

barrage028.jpg

#4 I tried various shot but all dun appear to be as sharp... !
P mode 5" 5.0

i tried with F 8 , F 10... and longer shutter time but problem is the whole pic appear to be bright.. how do i make the background more natural.. and also more focus on the ring?
and picture is realli blur even when i use tripod
barrage024.jpg

Last edited:
what setting did you use? anyway, for #2, somehow the camera must have been shaken.

sorry updated with settingS!

try using full manual mode with a smaller aperture (f/20 or f/22) and a longer exposure (30s), keep your ISO at 100.

btw, i presume you just bought your camera at comex along with the 18-55 kit lens, bought the 55-250 at a steal, bought extended warranty and got your 50mm f/1.8 at just $50. am i right? LOL

I believe you did not use a tripod, I presume all of your shots is handheld.. ;)

thx for advise.. but i did use a tripod..

In my opinion, the last picture is not focused. It would not be that blur whether u use aperture F1.8 or F32. Its either handshake or not in focused

Looks more like not in focus to me...

1) Try to set timer or use exposure delay when using a tripod.. The pressing of the shutter as well as the locking up of the mirror itself might induce some shake

2) Like someone mentioned, you can turn off the IS...

The last photo of the Singapore Flyer is obviously not cause by the aperture but due to it not being in focus in the first place... Did you use manual focus or auto focus? make sure the subjects are in focus in the viewfinder before you take the photo...

i was using manual focus.. but it was rather late at night.. as i did my best to focus as sharp as possible... should i try using auto instead?

seems like your focusing is totally out if you mentioned you have used a tripod. a few more tries should get you a sharp sharp picture. Pic #4 is the most obvious :)

when you took these pictures, was it windy?

yes there was abit of wind but i guess its my focusing got problem Thanks dude

i was using manual focus.. but it was rather late at night.. as i did my best to focus as sharp as possible... should i try using auto instead?

Ah.. That explain why #4 is totally out of focus... Try using auto focus and compare the results.. and see which one is better for you...

I m using a silk U6000 tripod.. should i get a heavier one?

hi TS.. maybe using the 2 sec timer will help a little. I'm also using the 450D + kit lens when i was there the last time, using auto focus that time. i'm also learning. ;)

actually u do not need a bheavier tripod, did you used any remote to trigger?

I m using a silk U6000 tripod.. should i get a heavier one?

maybe u might wanna weigh it down with your camera bag when u taking photos. esp on windy days. make use of liveview to manual focus if you can't or don't want to autofocus. using mirror up will reduce the shake as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.