First DSLR Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

egomy

May 25, 2008
AMK
www.egomy.org
Hey people,

just took my new DSLR out for the first time. thought i could post my photos here to get some tips on how to improve. please feel free to comment. :) :)

2536213908_f5c810f431.jpg

2535398919_a4c673a8c6.jpg

2536213386_6d11bd2759.jpg

Hi Bro..

I think its well done. :)

Are u using the kit lens? or if not..what lens?

#1, the "thing" in the foreground is quite distracting... it would be better not to have tat in the pic. The space to the left of the subject is good, since the guy is looking towards the left.

i would suggest using a little fill flash for pic #2,#3 and #5 and increase the exposure for #4.

#6 and #7 i feel would have a better effect if u could zoom in more and focus on the infant, tighter crop

Ur subjects are abit too centralised (except for 4), would suggest u use the rule of thirds to improve composition.

just my 2 cents... :)

#1, the "thing" in the foreground is quite distracting... it would be better not to have tat in the pic. The space to the left of the subject is good, since the guy is looking towards the left.

i would suggest using a little fill flash for pic #2,#3 and #5 and increase the exposure for #4.

#6 and #7 i feel would have a better effect if u could zoom in more and focus on the infant, tighter crop

Ur subjects are abit too centralised (except for 4), would suggest u use the rule of thirds to improve composition.

just my 2 cents... :)

hey bro thanks for the tip, i had the chance to head out to the beach to shoot some pictures during a competition and kept in mind about my subjects being too centralized.

iheartthee:

anyway, new batch of photos from the weekend. do feel free to comment :)

(click to go to my flickr set)

iheartthee:

Haha no problem! I know smoking is bad for health. It stains your teeth and potentially gives you lung cancer as well! Not to mention those around you suffers with every puff you take. (Wah I'm starting to sound like I'm from the health promotion board.)

:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.