Fireworks Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no! I failed to follow some of your tips and now most of my shots are over-exposed.
I started in Bulb mode, ISO 200 and F/16. Exposures were 4-5 seconds for the first 1-2 shots. Then I noticed the shots were quite dim but can't confirm because the histogram diagram was in the way (how do you turn it off in preview?), so I started to lower down to f/9 and used 8-10 seconds. the result after I came home to check was horrible...sigh...
(I was there for the SFF06 at esplanade bridge at 4pm, endured all the crowd and no output to show for it..:cry:. ) what an expensive lesson....the saving grace is i saw quite alot of Pentaxes D/DS/DLs there but how come they don't lurk here? :rolleyes:

btw, the forum is very slow now..so I think alot of you on that bridge are now uploading your shots ;) do upload yours and share your settings,

airconvent said:
oh no! I failed to follow some of your tips and now most of my shots are over-exposed.
I started in Bulb mode, ISO 200 and F/16. Exposures were 4-5 seconds for the first 1-2 shots. Then I noticed the shots were quite dim but can't confirm because the histogram diagram was in the way (how do you turn it off in preview?), so I started to lower down to f/9 and used 8-10 seconds. the result after I came home to check was horrible...sigh...
(I was there for the SFF06 at esplanade bridge at 4pm, endured all the crowd and no output to show for it..:cry:. ) what an expensive lesson....the saving grace is i saw quite alot of Pentaxes D/DS/DLs there but how come they don't lurk here? :rolleyes:

btw, the forum is very slow now..so I think alot of you on that bridge are now uploading your shots ;) do upload yours and share your settings,

tell you use f16 dun listen.

More so you should learn to use the histrogram.

airconvent said:
Thanks for clarifications, all!
I have another question. Previously I used my Panasonic Lumix FZ5 (with stabilisation) to take some fireworks but the camera always also capture th smoke from the previous burst.
I don't see any of it in your pictures here...how did you get rid of the smoke trails?
Thanks and have a nice day.

it can be done in PP, another way would be to use smaller aperture and pretty fast shutter like 2-3s at f22 or so... this will make the photos underexpose so the smoke will not be as visible. :dunno:

btw using camera with stabilisation doesn't help or affact the outcome of smoke in firework pic, it depend more on timing/exposure and 90% luck :bsmilie:

airconvent said:

f8 is pretty possible but you will have to increase ur shutter spd... i tried taking FW using f4-22 which is the whole range my 12-24 gave :bsmilie:, most burst where pretty alright except for those super white burst which is overexposed

airconvent said:

my take using the kit lens and the first setting you used...

Both pic using - Bulb mode, ISO 200, F/16, 5.70sec

IMGP4940.JPG

IMGP4980.JPG

ok..here are my better ones...

211429436_449c326b2f_m.jpg

211429434_3e5b7b2ce5_m.jpg

211429433_959724292e_m.jpg

211429431_5b535fbf01_m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.