Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett81

Aug 9, 2005
cny-lightup-title.gif

Light-up Ceremony

Date: 7 January 2006
Venue: Eu Tong Sen Street and New Bridge Road

A must-see for both locals and tourists is the Light-up Ceremony. In store for lucky spectators this year is a programme consisting choreographed fireworks, pyrotechnics and confetti as well as the setting of live firecrackers!

hmm.. fireworks and firecrackers to be ignited @ the same time.. any more specific details on the fireworks firing point??

i was there last year, hardly c a thing, unless u are so hardcore to go in the morning, u will be all the way behind

What time and fireworks location?

compro_1975 said:
i was there last year, hardly c a thing, unless u are so hardcore to go in the morning, u will be all the way behind
yeah can hear and smell the crackers only.

Lenscapes said:
yeah can hear and smell the crackers only.

No need to be near the fire crackers to take pictures fireworks.

Can shoot as long as can find a place (usually in a secluded place higher up somwhere) to position tripod and get a good foreground &/ background for the fireworks.

What time will the fireworks be?

Clockunder said:
No need to be near the fire crackers to take pictures fireworks.

Can shoot as long as can find a place (usually in a secluded place higher up somwhere) to position tripod and get a good foreground &/ background for the fireworks.

What time will the fireworks be?
my suggestion is the building beside it or the hotel nearby

compro_1975 said:
my suggestion is the building beside it or the hotel nearby

I came back from Chinatown not long ago.

Too bad that my camera is not capable of apertures smaller than F8. So can't capture the fireworks with more than 2 seconds exposure or get gross over-exposure with longer exposure. Otherwise, would have some very nice pictures of long fireworks trails. Will post some pictures in the appropriate forum after post-processing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.