Fine Art Print Offer taken with E-P1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Oct 27, 2004
There is a limited print offer by a master printer for a 17"x22" print taken with the E-P1, for USD19.95.

Refer to this link for details.

In order for shipment to Singapore, it has to be a bulk order for 25 prints. I am interested to get 1 print, so looking for another 24 orders. If you are interested, please PM me with your nickname and HP number. If I can get the required numbers by Fri, 27 Apr, 9pm, I will proceed to place the order. Otherwise, will not proceed.

Mod: Reason for posting this here is because I think this is of interest particularly to m4/3 users. If you think this post should be relocated to MO forum, then pls proceed.

Nice one.. Nice to know there are other TOP readers here..

I think why this is of INTEREST to all M43 readers, as this is a demonstration to prove that m43 cameras have the potential to create fine art prints. Even first gen cameras like the E-P1.

We’ve seen too much bashing of m43 sensors compared to their peers like the NEX and Fuji X series. So the author is out to prove otherwise.

Any m43 user interested to see just how much you can stretch your camera too should consider this!

I too hope this thread will stick around - because some enlightenment on the capabilities of m43 sensors would be useful.

Let me help TS by pointing out that due to the manufacturing process of the fine art photo, the photographer can only make it worthwhile to ship the art print to an international country if the quantity is above 25, hence this odd post to ask if any m43 user is interested.

TS - if you do go ahead, you can count on my support!

Must it be from EP1 camera? Can it be from other 4/3 or m4/3 cameras? I am in. You can put me up for at least 2 prints.

1. BigBird
2. ShaneKua
3. Oly5050 - 2

1. BigBird
2. ShaneKua
3. Oly5050 - 2
4. Dan - 2 ( Non m4/3) if is possible...

Quick update: So far, only received 7 orders in total.

If I don't get 25 orders by tonight, I am thinking to ship the prints back using Vpost/Borderlinx. We can split the shipping cost among everyone. How does that sound?

-BB

To all on the list and others who have responded to this MO, please check your PM. I need your confirmation by 8pm tonight so that I will proceed to order the prints.

Due to the lack of orders, I am not able to get 25 orders for this MO to proceed.

For the few orders I received, I had proposed to ship back via Vpost. However, after emailing the printer in US, it is confirmed that he will ship each print individually. Checking with Vpost shipment calculator, the shipping costs is going to be expensive (appx. SGD50 per print), thus I have decided not to proceed with the order. I am so sorry to have to disappoint those who have responded.

If anyone is still interested, you may order directly from the printer himself. The link is in the original post.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.