Model: Alodia Gosiengfiao

Make-up: Kris Bacani
Styling: Raffy Tesoro
Costume Production: Badj Genato
Art Direction / Final Artwork: Angelo Lico
CG Artwork: Genald Tungol
Model: Alodia Gosiengfiao[/QUOTE]

Nice Work :thumbsup:
Signature is a little distracting though for me.

bird seems kind of low and behind her a$$ to work ..... otherwise, love your works :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

alodiarikkunew.jpg

Make-up: Kris Bacani
Styling: Raffy Tesoro
Costume Production: Badj Genato
Art Direction / Final Artwork: Angelo Lico
CG Artwork: Genald Tungol
Model: Alodia Gosiengfiao

Let me go out on the limb on this one.
Seems like everything except pressing the shutter is done by someone else. What did the photographer/shutter presser do with this picture? Pressing the shutter only?

Let me go out on the limb on this one.
Seems like everything except pressing the shutter is done by someone else. What did the photographer/shutter presser do with this picture? Pressing the shutter only?

Most if not all of my works are collaborations with friends from the local industry (Manila), and I'm not the kind who would hog all the credit. Without them, I wouldn't be able to do the things I get to do. I love working with teams, you get alot of imagination and ideas from different heads and putting it together. It makes the experience more fun in the end.

The point of making this image was the challenge whether or not we could replicate a completely CG peg (if you're familiar with the Final Fantasy franchise). The direction was to re-imagine the lighting and turn into a CG-feel. Now, the execution, feel free to critique away.

One thing I got to pick up over the years is the idea of photography not as an ends, but as a means; the means to realize imagination. One doesn't end up just taking pictures.. you create images.

Big production commercial shoots are done with the same if not, more people. Based from your comment, it doesn't seem you have experienced one.

Nice photo and concept. Newbie here and would like to know more about the process in making this kind of great pic. Does the background and subject were were taken from 2 different shots? and does the "sunrays" effect from photoshop or lighting effect, if from lighting would you mine sharing how you did it? thanks

Nice photo and concept. Newbie here and would like to know more about the process in making this kind of great pic. Does the background and subject were were taken from 2 different shots? and does the "sunrays" effect from photoshop or lighting effect, if from lighting would you mine sharing how you did it? thanks

The background was shot separately, and so was the model. The rays were shot as well, using a combination of a smoke / haze machine in a black background. In doing the sunrays, use a conical snoots and honey combs shot on sidewards while the smoke / haze settles in the background. The tricky part is making the ray straight.... that could be helped with cardboard places on the light, extending the snoot further.

The model was lit up with 5-6 lights... and everything should be considered even the specular highlights and would-be reflections from the "ship." You'd have to imagine the lighting as if it were "real" in the shot. At the same time, don't forget to inject that flavor to make it look as cartoony / anime as possible so it wouldn't just come off as some typical cosplay shoot. At least my aim here is to make it anime, so people get a double-take whether or not it's CG or a picture.

The ship and eagle were the CG parts in the image we drew from scratch. We also shot flat metal pieces to serve as texture for the ship as well.

Last edited:
The background was shot separately, and so was the model. The rays were shot as well, using a combination of a smoke / haze machine in a black background. The ship and eagle were the CG parts in the image we drew from scratch. We also shot flat metal pieces to serve as texture for the ship as well.

Thanks for sharing your technique. :thumbsup::)

Most if not all of my works are collaborations with friends from the local industry (Manila), and I'm not the kind who would hog all the credit. Without them, I wouldn't be able to do the things I get to do. I love working with teams, you get alot of imagination and ideas from different heads and putting it together. It makes the experience more fun in the end.

The point of making this image was the challenge whether or not we could replicate a completely CG peg (if you're familiar with the Final Fantasy franchise). The direction was to re-imagine the lighting and turn into a CG-feel. Now, the execution, feel free to critique away.

One thing I got to pick up over the years is the idea of photography not as an ends, but as a means; the means to realize imagination. One doesn't end up just taking pictures.. you create images.

Big production commercial shoots are done with the same if not, more people. Based from your comment, it doesn't seem you have experienced one.

Of course not, I am merely an amateur who likes to shoot and create my own images. I like to be my own art director, sometime my own stylist, definitely my own photographer and do my own DI. I may not be the best art director, or photographer, or DI artist and definitely not the best stylist, but I do them all by myself. I will use a make up artist and a hairstylist. But at the end of the day, I can call all my images mine, I did them.

Nothing against commercial production, but, what I am saying is, I rather create by myself.

Are you implying, those of us who do it alone is less than those who depend on everyone?

By the way, yes, I have shot with big teams in various occasions. I am never too satisfied with those experience when I am not in control.

Judging from your comment, you seemed to be fine with not being in control.

1. I like the lighting. They are good
2. I don't like the shadows...WHERE??? Light from top right, bottom left should have it ya?
3. I like the PP, effects on hair and everything looks like painting
4. Super don't like the eagle, if it is either higher up (make it look like real wings) or not there at all. The head? WHY IS IT THERE?
5. I like, and don't like the pose. If it is only top half body still ok. But think the lower body looks strange to stand straight like that.

I think you're being a bit harsh. He works collaboratively, there's nothing wrong with that.
you like chicken he likes steak.

Of course not, I am merely an amateur who likes to shoot and create my own images. I like to be my own art director, sometime my own stylist, definitely my own photographer and do my own DI. I may not be the best art director, or photographer, or DI artist and definitely not the best stylist, but I do them all by myself. I will use a make up artist and a hairstylist. But at the end of the day, I can call all my images mine, I did them.

Nothing against commercial production, but, what I am saying is, I rather create by myself.

Are you implying, those of us who do it alone is less than those who depend on everyone?

By the way, yes, I have shot with big teams in various occasions. I am never too satisfied with those experience when I am not in control.

Judging from your comment, you seemed to be fine with not being in control.

I think you're being a bit harsh. He works collaboratively, there's nothing wrong with that.
you like chicken he likes steak.

Maybe.

But then, I don't need a commercial team to enjoy my steak.
At the end of the day, collaboration my be his chicken, I still cherish the steak I grilled myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.