Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

theroo

May 12, 2007
Heya

Do you think filters are useful nowadays? Though I exclude ND filters because undoubtedly you still need them, but i refer more to tinted filters. With digital phtoography is it still practical? After all, post processing effects can achieve colour changes in a much more 'accurate' way...

what do you guys think?

Heya

Do you think filters are useful nowadays? Though I exclude ND filters because undoubtedly you still need them, but i refer more to tinted filters. With digital phtoography is it still practical? After all, post processing effects can achieve colour changes in a much more 'accurate' way...

what do you guys think?

why only nd filters ?

I think GND filters are very useful in Landscape photography
Tinted,not so IMHO
because as you say,the color changes can now be achieved in PS
maybe there're still purists out there who believe in minimal PS ?:think:

i think only cpl, nd, gnd are useful now, and i heard some like BY/Blue-gold filter can deliver good effects, buy yea, ps all the way nowadays.

why only nd filters ?

honestly i dont know much about filters and did a brief read up and saw the various types of tinted filters which i didnt see the point of (since you can just PS it) but ND filters i can see a use for for things such as slow shutter speed in high light scenarios (e.g. river scene etc)

i think only cpl, nd, gnd are useful now, and i heard some like BY/Blue-gold filter can deliver good effects, buy yea, ps all the way nowadays.

Please educate me :p what is CPL? is it circular polariser? - i.e. reflection reducing. in which case yeah i guess that's the only other one i suppose...

GND is gradient neutral density right?

GOOGLE!
Just google both of the filters. You will be amazed at amount of information you can find by doing that.

i think the coolest filters I've seen so far are singh ray filters but I've not had the opportunity to try them. :(

Other than a few fancy products, their usual items still works the same as other makers :)
GND is still a GND

Ryan

i think the coolest filters I've seen so far are singh ray filters but I've not had the opportunity to try them. :(

at the risk of ticking off our local Google employee, why Singh ray filters? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.