Film Camera Service

Theofrancis

Aug 3, 2010
Tampines
Hi,
Can somebody help me on this ??dunno:
I have 2 old film cameras need service, where can I send to??
Thank you in advance:thumbsup:

Theo

The camera hospital at sunshine plaza does a very decent job as well. Just sent in and collected a film camera. Now it's silky smooth!

The camera hospital at sunshine plaza does a very decent job as well. Just sent in and collected a film camera. Now it's silky smooth!

+one :thumbsup:

U sent for CLA? roughly how much was it? What camera did u send in? Thanks.

I guess he will quote according to what needs to be done and what type of camera, SLR, RF.. etc. I sent an M3 for service. Market price.

Hi,
Can somebody help me on this ??dunno:
I have 2 old film cameras need service, where can I send to??
Thank you in advance:thumbsup:

Theo

He does not do any more Leica repair. I hope your camera is not Leica.

Mr Tay i believe, juz spoke to him few days ago

ya i think i can confirm that too...
was about to bring my pentacon 6 down... and he told me he dont fix pentacon 6 and Leica now.... am quite surprise too

not sure the reason though...

anyone got any recommendation where i can fix my pentacon 6?

Last edited:
Best to speak to the man himself i think. In case word get distorted on the way :embrass:
But i personally think its juz preference of work. His workload can get very heavy..

Best to speak to the man himself i think. In case word get distorted on the way :embrass:
But i personally think its juz preference of work. His workload can get very heavy..

He kana piss off by some leica user. :angry:
西北杜郎

He kana piss off by some leica user. :angry:
西北杜郎
let's not drag peoples names in the mud.

some ppl have been told that he doesn't do leica repairs anymore, so be it... whatever his reasons maybe. If you need to know confirm with him personally or require any further information, I'd suggest you call him or go pay him a visit.

In the meantime, pls help the TS by suggesting any other places to service his film camera.

You can also try alex photo in penisular plaza, 2 shops next to cathay photo. I brought quite a number of film cameras to him for repair and I'm pleased with its.....resurrection....lol

to date, i brought...1 FE2 to clean, 1 F100 to clean, 1 1950s mamiya six rf for overhauling throughout, quite happy with it overall lah, it took me abt 1 week or so waiting time for each camera. lol

Chiif Fei @ Excelsior S.C #02-25 can do the job!

hahahaha! I not superman.... I can't repair cameras myself.... But I can help to get your camera fixed through some professionals. :)

Anyway, Bring your camera down for an initial accessment. It might not be advisable to fix some cameras as everything have a lifespan and parts availability. Unless somethings have sentimental value, sometimes it might not be worthwhile to fix it, better to get another better copy.

Pentacon parts are near non-existance today. If you are referring to the winding mechanism, then good luck, you can never find parts unless you do a physical transplant. :bsmilie:

I don't thnk my pentacon has winding mechanism problem. it's only few of the shutter speed sticky. will bring down to let you have a look. ;)

hahahaha! I not superman.... I can't repair cameras myself.... But I can help to get your camera fixed through some professionals. :)

Anyway, Bring your camera down for an initial accessment. It might not be advisable to fix some cameras as everything have a lifespan and parts availability. Unless somethings have sentimental value, sometimes it might not be worthwhile to fix it, better to get another better copy.

Pentacon parts are near non-existance today. If you are referring to the winding mechanism, then good luck, you can never find parts unless you do a physical transplant. :bsmilie: