Feelin' like F*(#!UE(* now

Status
Not open for further replies.
philshots said:
Hi jsbn,

1) It all depends on whether you know the person who ask you those questions.
2) What if this person is such a beauty to you and has a sweet voice when asking - she's not your friend or girl friend - would you condier giving her some of your shots for whatever the purpose she intend to use them?

As good photographers, we don't have to be rude. Be polite and say:"I charge for the photos..." and see what is the respond before deciding whether to give and at what resolution, etc. Its either a deal or no deal - no need to show middle finger or whatever :)

So.... if I extrapolate this....
3) What if the person is such a beauty and decides to do a Nude shoot with you... and then ask you for free prints....and CD... would you do it??

4) Ok... up the ante... and offers to bed you...
:bsmilie:

Zplus said:
3) What if the person is such a beauty and decides to do a Nude shoot with you... and then ask you for free prints....and CD... would you do it??

Further extrapolation:

5) And she pays you for the bed service and buys you lunch and drink.

Now you still refuse you hand over the prints and CD? :bsmilie:

Zplus said:

den i'll reply... i dun mind... :bsmilie:

Zplus said:

this is a form of payment already. ;p

jsbn said:
What are some of the words from ppl who'd like to ask free photos from u? ;)

"We need some of those photos for XXX events. Do u have a consolidation of the photos?"

Ok, that's it. I'm really cursing in my heart.
Any recommended screen resolutions for viewing only?
I'm wondering if 640x480 on 72dpi is good enuff or shld I make 320x240 so that its impossible to print? :think:

I really cannot understand how they can ask photo for free without some form of compensation?

Do they ask their doctors/lawyers for free service?

They thought photography is child's play.

;(

This is good:bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
den u should give another lamer reply mah.. like... liddat... your wife marry already put at home u also no time to entertain, den put her in geylang lor, dun waste it... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

btw, u dio pah, not my problem... :devil:

:thumbsup:

yanyewkay said:
:think: :nono: geylang :nono:

that will incur transport charges.. just operate from home. Since the room is under-utilised during the day anyway. Can charge for room rental also. :thumbsup:

If i were you, I will politely tell them.. I do charge for images.. how much? it depends.. no cd.. no thumbnail.. but he can view it before decide want to buy or not?;)

Paul_Yeo said:
actually, I know what the guy who told me this meant. He meant that I already owned the camera mah, so shooting doesn't incur any cost. I believe equipment got maintenance and life span and thus trying to explain to him but seemed that he think I am smoking him.
photographers are paid 4 their skill multiply by the time u spent.:angel:

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
And they're like, it's better than yours
Damn right it's better than yours
I could teach you
But I have to charge"

Milkshake also charge liao! Still dont charge for photography.... sigh.... ;)

glensky said:
photographers are paid 4 their skill multiply by the time u spent.:angel:

Don't forget to add in the privilege of pushing the exposure bottom for you.

No one can press the button with as much finesse, artistry and professionalism as a photographer. :)

erizai said:
If i were you, I will politely tell them.. I do charge for images.. how much? it depends.. no cd.. no thumbnail.. but he can view it before decide want to buy or not?;)

In photography they can view the products before buying.

Ask them in Geylang can view product or not? :bsmilie:

Sion said:
In photography they can view the products before buying.

Ask them in Geylang can view product or not? :bsmilie:

maybe tell them to go try asking the pimp if they can test 1st before paying anot... :bsmilie:

Sion said:
Don't forget to add in the privilege of pushing the exposure bottom for you.

No one can press the button with as much finesse, artistry and professionalism as a photographer. :)
Most ppl dun realise that and think photography IS child's play.
How many times had u encountered ppl who said things like...

"Aiyah, just press button only mah. I oso know. 4yr old ginna oso know."

But after they tried 'pressing the button' they will say...

"Eee.... how come like that one? Ur camera no good lah."

Of cos, if u were to take ur camera back, reproduce the same scene in front of them with artistic finesse and excellence they will say...

"Aiyah, u different mah. U pro leh."

jsbn said:
Most ppl dun realise that and think photography IS child's play.
How many times had u encountered ppl who said things like...

"Aiyah, just press button only mah. I oso know. 4yr old ginna oso know."

But after they tried 'pressing the button' they will say...

"Eee.... how come like that one? Ur camera no good lah."

Of cos, if u were to take ur camera back, reproduce the same scene in front of them with artistic finesse and excellence they will say...

"Aiyah, u different mah. U pro leh."

and dun forget to add "and that is why i have to charge you $XXX for the photos" :bsmilie:

Paul_Yeo said:
someone told me this (something like this) "it is digital camera, no need film...no cost what, cannot help me shoot free meh, I pay u for the CD" :cry:
ask him to pay for ur CCD and shutter servicing... plus a new toy:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.