Feedback on new Personal Classified sections

I don't really like this new personal classified section because:

The one thing I go to club snap is to get reasonable price for used or new cam.
But with this new system we cannot see the "market price" and almost all the seller seems to sell their cam with ridiculous price because there are no benchmark and offer we can see.
For example I see one guy wanna sell his F40fd for $340 although the new price only for $299 with a lot of freebies. And I see another guy sell 2 years D200 BO for $1200 although the new D200 only cost $1550 with 18-55 VR. So I think club snap now will transform to become like online sim lim.

For the grouping part I like that new system, because it will be easier to find a spesific brand.

Just my 2 c.

If you are in the market for a partucular piece of equipment you can always post a thread in Consumers to ask for the market price. Better than looking through multiple threads to gauge the market price. Value of a piece of equipment is subjective to a certain extend anyway. It is affected by availability and how urgently the seller wants to sell and how urgently the buyer wants to buy. Just because we disable discussions in the B&S section you think we will become online Sim Lim. That is a little exaggerating and unjustified I think. Also, can you substantiate your claim that almost all sellers are asking for ridiculous prices?

My point is with this new system there will be a lot of fraud here in clubsnap
because we cannot reply and inform people that the price is ridiculous.

It's not really my business but don't you have a sense of something when you see
someone try to do the fraud.

How could you just do nothing when you know someone trying to sell second hand item
more expensive than the new item?

Because of that I said that just in a matter of time club snap will became a sim lim online fraud community.

How can you be sure people crying "Price too high" or "Good price" in a sell ad are genuine in the first place? I don't remember seeing any reputable members here thread crashing. So, would you trust a "Price too high" comment from a new member who has just joined CS the day before?

The old system encourages fraud, because members can register a different nick to post fake bids in their own ad to boost the price, so say nice things about the item/seller/price to attract buyers.

There is no absolute price guide for secondhand items, so selling an item at higher price does not make it fraudulent. Buyer need to do homework also. If you do not know the price of a new item you should not even come anywhere close to the second hand market.

It is true that in the old system you also not encourage thread crashing but someone still can do the warning even at the risk he get banned or anythin and that's a price that someone are willing to take and what hell you can make another new user name.

But with this new system it's like club snap is encouraging and protecting fraud.

Again, very exaggerated and unjustified accusation you made here. We do not encourage thread crashing because we want to uphold the Caveat Emptor principle, and be fair to both buyers and sellers.

Hi Marios,

Apologies for the late reply, have been swamped at work and home.

To answer your question, the thread you mentioned has been moved to archive as the last post in that thread was dated 27th May 08.
If you are interested in the item, you might like to contact the TS (adam) to see if he still has the item available for sale.
Hi Edmund

Thanks very much for the link. Keep up the good work, and make sure you take some rest also! :bigeyes:

-- Marios

somehow feel like something is missing, may be should rename
Buy/Sell: Olympus Equipment
to
Buy/Sell: Olympus/Four Thirds Equipment

I pretty like the current forum style except threads cannot be bumped up by starter and will end up with mutiple new threads which is the same thing.

the new personal classified sections is wonderful.

no more thread crashing, no more price police.

i've sold all my items without any fuss at all.

bliss.

:thumbsup:

I'm really no fan of the "Sorted By: Thread Start Time" which is the default sort mechanism in place in B&S.

As a Buyer, I always have to change the sorting to to sort by "Last Post Time". What I want is to find Sell threads that are active. Worse is that the forum software does not retain my sorting preference.

As a Seller, I find my thread getting buried way deep in the list. I won't be surprised if nobody gets to read it. I post updates to that thread, but the default sort kills the purpose. Doesn't help me in any way. One option to keep my thread "alive" is to repost it.. but I'll have to deal with that "3 day interval rule". If I were to repost it, how long do you think would it take for my thread to be buried again?

Not too long. And the cycle will keep going on.

My suggestion: drop the default sorting. Sorting is a nice feature but the default frankly sucks big time. Most -- if not all -- forums i visit are sorted by the last update (last post date), not by "thread start time". Why make it different?

:Later,

Last edited:
My suggestion: drop the default sorting. Sorting is a nice feature but the default frankly sucks big time. Most -- if not all -- forums i visit are sorted by the last update (last post date), not by "thread start time". Why make it different?
One of the chief complaints we had of the previous default Sorting Order was that members would up their thread every few hours just to maintain first page status and it was impossible for Moderators to monitor or remind members not to do so.

Either system is definitely not 100% and there will be arguments for and against.

One of the chief complaints we had of the previous default Sorting Order was that members would up their thread every few hours just to maintain first page status and it was impossible for Moderators to monitor or remind members not to do so.
Being quite an active member in HWZ, I understand the scenario you guys are facing. Certainly there are sellers who are irresponsible, or maybe just too overeager to get their wares going but by imposing that default order rule, you are effectively lumping other sellers in the same basket as the irresponsible/overeager ones.

I'm sure you can always come up with something to prevent that (over the top bumping of threads). You guys managed to come up with a "3 day interval" rule so why can't the same be done in this case? :)

:Later,

Hello, kindly upgrade my Mass Sales post to a Sticky post. Thank you.

Not sure if anyone reported before. If u do a preview of ur buy and sell thread, ur model gets cut off. Etc if u post sigma 17-70, ur preview will show sigma 17-70 but ur actual post become sigma only. If u did not notice and post, then u post as sigma and lost the 17-70 in the post. Maybe that's why seeing a few people post without the lens focal length info.

Is there still a link that shows the latest buy and sell threads? I remember there used to be a link that shows the latest threads regardless of brand. Now we have to go into each brand/category individually to check for updates. Thanks!

Is there still a link that shows the latest buy and sell threads? I remember there used to be a link that shows the latest threads regardless of brand. Now we have to go into each brand/category individually to check for updates. Thanks!

i think this way is better... easier to look for certain items.
there is,

move your cursor to top sub menu,
click open "New Posts"
select and click "New Buy and Sell Post"

Hope this help.

hi people...i wonder how come there is no 'reply to thread' button in personal classified for me to reply or ask questions....whereas this function is available in most other threads..can someone pls advise me how to ask questions on a thread other than pm and contact number? appreciate this many thanks.

hi people...i wonder how come there is no 'reply to thread' button in personal classified for me to reply or ask questions....whereas this function is available in most other threads..can someone pls advise me how to ask questions on a thread other than pm and contact number? appreciate this many thanks.
this function has been disable long ago, is to keep all the threads neat and clean.
previously was full of OT, thread trashing, thread crushing posts.

ok so if a member's pm mailbox is full and never leave any contact, i guess there is no way to reach him/her other than what i did i.e. put a WTB?