Favourite Buffet Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Pegasus
Wedding bandquet at Merchant Court Hotel. One of the best in Singpore. Minimum 38 tables on Saturdays. But the food is definitely good, at least for hotel ballroom wedding dinners' standard..

De!! De!! BUFFET only lah.... not everyone getting married now you know:D

Dimsum buffet... haven't tried so can't comment..... but I think there's one in CHina square can't remember the restaurant name... tung lok?? heard the variety is quite good.

for Merchant Court Hotel the main reason for people to go there are the durain paste, crayfish, salmon. Quite a wide selections. If you lucky also got satay. But I do find their dinner selection is much better then lunch.

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan
for Merchant Court Hotel the main reason for people to go there are the durain paste, crayfish, salmon. Quite a wide selections. If you lucky also got satay. But I do find their dinner selection is much better then lunch.
Went to Merchant Court for buffet lunch yesterday. No crayfish and only flower crabs. The durain paste is finger-licking good. Agreed with you that the dinner selection is good, there's more variety and even have osyters!!!.. but the price is over #3o+..;p

IMO Dim sum buffet at Miramar hotel is superb...
Its only abt $12+ for weekdae lunch and abt $16+ for weekends....

For those who love Merchant Court. A similar one will be Plaza Cafe at Plaza Hotel. Internation buffet, price similar to Merchant Court.

Higlight Spread includes: (what i like)
Oysters
Sashimi (Tuna, Salmon, Swordfish, Octopus)
Soft shell crab
Hand roll
Roti Prata (kosong, egg, durian, onions)
Herbal/Druken Live Druken Prawn Soup
Laksa
Roast Meat

the rest are items like deserts (cake, ice cream, jelly) some meats, rice/noodles, salads etc ....

BEST AH!

PS: CITIBANK CARD 10% DISCOUNT!

I find the buffet offered by the "Continential" at the Singapore International Convention Center (the one opposite the "kopi-tiam" style cafe) NOT good.

Tried it once during dinner and find there are more cakes and pastry than others. I was thinking it's not a afternoon high-tea and there is still so many cakes and such around. (I think it was $16+++, for dinner)

Tried the porridge buffet at the Joaqium (also at Singapore International Convention Center) Nothing special.

Found the "Oscars" at the Conrad Hotel. To be pretty good, though pricy. Wide selection of food, including seafood, I think it's abt $30+ there.

With Citibank cards, you get a 15% off (which means you get to minus the 10% service charge, 4% GST, 1% Cess, and in the end you just pay the displayed price without the "+++" added to it.)

The Third Floor at PanPac

Triple 3 at Mandarin is also good

Heard that there's a semi-buffet at Long Bar, Raffles, but haven't tried it yet. Anyone?

;p

How about Sentosa? Heard there is buffet that is less than 20 bucks for lunch and dinner

There is this chain that offer teppanyaki plus seafood buffet namely :
Genghis Khan at Ngee Ann City
Kublai Khan at Parkmall
One outlet at Marina Square (?name)
Vienna at United Square.
Free flow of oysters, crab, crayfish, various shashimi, teppanyaki than incluce meat, seafood and vege etc.
Price varies for different day of the week and dinner during weekend is most expensive.
Another one of my favourite is the Penang food buffet at King's Hotel. Again I think the price for weekend is more expensive.

Originally posted by markccm
How about Congress or Joquim @ Suntec Convention? How izzit? Anybody?

sorry if i offend anyone.. heres wat i think

congress is cheap but BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD.... get the idea?

Joquim still ok

mercahnt court ellenbourgh cafe? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: cost 20=, almost 30 if i remember

cheap and good, sub $20
river view hotal chinese restaurant (can't remember teh name, always call the hotel and they direct me

jap?
i think better than kuinshi bowl for the same price
honshin at shenton way opposite sia bulidng. but standard drop liao but still good.

meat? forget breeks
brazils at 6th ave.. ex yes worth it.. lots of meat.. yum yum

new one
sentosa sea seafood village.
just went last week
good variety and ambience ( by teh sea, on sentosa, just after bridge, at visitor arrival center)
food so so (6-7/10) but value for money.
$18.80 for dinner nett! but must pay $2 get into sentosa.. go early go beach work up appetite.. sure worth one!

Status
Not open for further replies.