Fashion photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

john101

Apr 16, 2008
hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this question. but anyway, do any of you guys know how can i start being a fashion photographer ? as in where can i learn and how do i start in making it my career... thanks :D

I think this has been discussed a little somewhere here in CS. Maybe you could do a search? Got some info there.

I guess, for a start, find some models to photograph and build up a portfolio. Go shoot fashion events at shopping centres, etc, and if you appear often enough, people will recognise you. Make contacts from there, and if your shots are good enough, you might be given invites for some events. This is what a colleague of mine has done, and he now shoots quite regularly for web and print publications.

In the world of fashion, contacts are important. It's not just who you know. It's who knows you.

All the best.

that seems like alot of hard work.. haha.. anyway do any of you guys know of any recommended schools overseas that offer fashion photography as a course of study??

There probably are several fine arts colleges overseas that offer photography courses. You'll have to research them up yourself. As mentioned before, I'm not into fashion photography, so I'm just commenting based on observations. Of course it entails a lot of hard work, there's no short cut to success (unless of course you so happen to be naturally talented and born into a wealthy family with good connections).

Another route would be to find out who the top local fashion photographers are, and offer to be their assistant. As yes, you will probably still need to put together a decent portfolio.

Good luck.

speak to ZEMOTION .... she is by far the youngest ... then again, she has talent .... I mean every1 can learn to drive but NOT ALL can be F1 drivers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.