F10, F11, F30 -- Share your pictures HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just feel that this camera lacks in sharpness. maybe the lens is the problem.

before the digital camera era, that is, during the film camera era, fuji camera are not popular right?

Some how now it is popular it is due to its technology, fundamental stuff like lens still need improvement. Just my 2ct point of view.

It's a sunny day. Try with PL.
0048_PL.jpg

undiscern said:

before the digital camera era, that is, during the film camera era, fuji camera are not popular right?

Some how now it is popular it is due to its technology, fundamental stuff like lens still need improvement. Just my 2ct point of view.

Oh really??? how come others can come up with such nice, sharp, well composed pics with their F30? Like what many csers hv already pointed out: A LOT DEPENDS ON THE PHOTOGRAPHER. The key is to get ur basics of photography right, and the equipment becomes ur tool of creativity, not the other way around.

It's always this way - practise makes perfect. The process is: practise, analyse, practise, analyse and step by step u'll ultimately make good pics. :)

In photog as in many other things, it's caught, not taught. However what is taught is important as well, for they are the stepping stones.

micah4 said:
Oh really??? how come others can come up with such nice, sharp, well composed pics with their F30? Like what many csers hv already pointed out: A LOT DEPENDS ON THE PHOTOGRAPHER. The key is to get ur basics of photography right, and the equipment becomes ur tool of creativity, not the other way around.

It's always this way - practise makes perfect. The process is: practise, analyse, practise, analyse and step by step u'll ultimately make good pics. :)

In photog as in many other things, it's caught, not taught. However what is taught is important as well, for they are the stepping stones.
you are right to some extent... but most of the "wow" photos are processed right? not directly off the xd card, untouched.

well, lets say the same good photographer uses a fujinon lens and another camera with contax T* lens (or even nikon lens), the same scene, settings, all conditions same. will there be difference in quality, esp in terms of sharpness, in your opinion?

my point is not to say this is not a good camera, in fact this is a good all-rounder, just that the lens can be improved.

undiscern said:
you are right to some extent... but most of the "wow" photos are processed right? not directly off the xd card, untouched.

well, lets say the same good photographer uses a fujinon lens and another camera with contax T* lens (or even nikon lens), the same scene, settings, all conditions same. will there be difference in quality, esp in terms of sharpness, in your opinion?

my point is not to say this is not a good camera, in fact this is a good all-rounder, just that the lens can be improved.

I wonder how anyone can 'process' a blurred pic or one that is not exactly sharp...if u're talking about brightness, contrast, and colours, then u're correct about being able to 'process' them. No, friend, my advise to u, is that u're going on the wrong track...u hv got to believe in ur equipment, or at least hv faith in it,THEN work on ur skills, otherwise u'll just be going around hunting for the 'perfect' one, and leave the most important in tandem, ie. developing ur photog skills...and if I may add, developing ur 'eye' for composition. :)

as to the F30 lens not being sharp...I hv to disagree with u absolutely - u've seen my pics: 'the durian'? Also see what tomcat, S11loop, megaweb and Astin did...right in this thread.

(edited: just realized that using PS's unsharp masking filter, one can sharpen an image...apologies for incorrect info)

Or could it be my camera is a bad lemon? any standard way to test its sharpness?

Unidiscern, did you use the Underwater scene mode for your underwater pix? It might correct the WB problem that causes that extremely blue cast.

megascriler said:
Unidiscern, did you use the Underwater scene mode for your underwater pix? It might correct the WB problem that causes that extremely blue cast.
:D its in fact blue colour... if i use the underwater scene, it will fire off the flash and looks not so nice.

undiscern said:

You are the first guy I hear complaining abt the lens is not sharp :bsmilie:

S11loop said:
You are the first guy I hear complaining abt the lens is not sharp :bsmilie:
maybe mine is a bad lemon, so i'm hoping if someone can let me know if there is any standard way of testing it. such as taking photo of TEXT?

I think the F30 lens is among the sharpest lens in the Fujifilm lineup and comparable to other good compact lenses on the market already.

megascriler said:
Is it me only? I'm actually seeing horizontal banding in the sky.

The HDR effect was done at lower resolution to prevent the water mark placed by Photomatix.

Original photo here.

My contribution. Taken with f11.

DSCF0547_wf.jpg

DSCF0451_wf.jpg

[click on pic for larger view]

Some shots from the 2006 Fireworks Festival by team Italy on 5th Aug 2006.
First time testing the built_in 'fireworks' mode of the F30

WOw impressive shots.
Just "fireworks" option only ?
No other settings ?

PeA_NuTz said:
WOw impressive shots.
Just "fireworks" option only ?
No other settings ?

I only set the shutter to 3secs for the first shot and the rest is at 4secs. Did not do anything else to the default fireworks settings, ie iso100, f8.

jc1 said:
Do you think F11 has better dynamic range than F30?

Not too sure about that as I do not have an f30, but I guess they should be the same, given both are super CCD HR, even though f30's is a generation later?

Status
Not open for further replies.