F1 volunteering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a blanket email to cover their ass. No details or guidelines provided at all. I've asked Emily already but I'm not expecting a response.:angry:

this is simply laying out a grey area for photographers involved as marshals to ponder about

the most i had was going to the pits after qualis as dslr also cannot shoot when we're on duty :(

but at least we got up close action of the cars :D

not as if we're using it for commercial purposes...

This is goddamn absurd!!

This is very high handed, F1 thinks they are GOD.

*sarcastic mode ON*

F1 is soooooooo smart! How come no Singapore company is smart enough to copy the way Formula One forces all photographers to yield all copyright ownership of photographs taken during their company's events? Like IT Show, Comex, etc. It's such a brilliant money making idea for any business isn't it?

Like for example..can you imagine...Sentosa may one day decide to follow suit and say, "OK, all photos taken on the premises of Sentosa island automatically become the copyright property of Sentosa, even though you own the camera, all photos you take belong to us, and WE own the copyright. All photos that you take on Sentosa belong to us, NOT YOU!" And if you post them on the net without permission, we will reserve the right to sue you :devil:

How does that sound? Sounds like a great way to make money! I think all CS members who organise photoshoots should learn from F1! Tell all your paying photoshoot attendees that the all the photos that they have shot belong to you, the organiser!! And YOU, as the organiser, own ALL their copyright! Muahahahahaha! Awesome!

*sarcastic mode OFF*

This is very high handed, F1 thinks they are GOD.

*sarcastic mode ON*

F1 is soooooooo smart! How come no Singapore company is smart enough to copy the way Formula One forces all photographers to yield all copyright ownership of photographs taken during their company's events? Like IT Show, Comex, etc. It's such a brilliant money making idea for any business isn't it?

Like for example..can you imagine...Sentosa may one day decide to follow suit and say, "OK, all photos taken on the premises of Sentosa island automatically become the copyright property of Sentosa, even though you own the camera, all photos you take belong to us, and WE own the copyright. All photos that you take on Sentosa belong to us, NOT YOU!" And if you post them on the net without permission, we will reserve the right to sue you :devil:

How does that sound? Sounds like a great way to make money! I think all CS members who organise photoshoots should learn from F1! Tell all your paying photoshoot attendees that the all the photos that they have shot belong to you, the organiser!! And YOU, as the organiser, own ALL their copyright! Muahahahahaha! Awesome!

*sarcastic mode OFF*

if that's the case camera shops would be out of business

Looks like a blanket email to cover their ass. No details or guidelines provided at all. I've asked Emily already but I'm not expecting a response.:angry:

If you look at the reportage and sports gallery in ClubSnap, you will see many threads started by spectators who took shots during the event. Do they have to remove them too? Or is this request exclusive to volunteers?

what?!?!?! i've already posted some photos of my team liao. comon, don't tell me that FOM also owns the copyright to team pictures? this is super absurd!!!

what?!?!?! i've already posted some photos of my team liao. comon, don't tell me that FOM also owns the copyright to team pictures? this is super absurd!!!

mohgui bro, super absurd is an understatement.

technically speaking even photos shot by the paid spectators are also under FOM copyright. but maybe they could justify that the ticket is the 'copyright fee' for the photo/video

I suggest mai hiu lan...and just let whatever you have posted stay. If you all cower, then you all are buey zai.

We were selected from 3000 applicants to become F1 marshals because we are special breed. We possess this quality called 'zai'. So, must be ZAI!! no need scared!

I suggest mai hiu lan...and just let whatever you have posted stay. If you all cower, then you all are buey zai.

We were selected from 3000 applicants to become F1 marshals because we are special breed. We possess this quality called 'zai'. So, must be ZAI!! no need scared!

bro kiasi... i like your confidence :thumbsup:

Noted.

Just wanna back track abit...

just wondering if anybody know the total number of marshal casualties this round? seems like got quite a few... spectator fell on me fri night (BUT he didn't land on top of me), one got spectator really falling onto her on sat ... anybody noe who that poor soul is? and got another ger foot kena run over by car...wad is this wor...

and, how come all the casualties are gals?

bro, you really zai. point noted. boh hiu. wahahahha

Last edited:
Just wanna back track abit...

just wondering if anybody know the total number of marshal casualties this round? seems like got quite a few... spectator fell on me fri night (BUT he didn't land on top of me), one got spectator really falling onto her on sat ... anybody noe who that poor soul is? and got another ger foot kena run over by car...wad is this wor...

and, how come all the casualties are gals?

Hi ravenblackhart bro :), you are not the only person wondering what is the total number of marshal casualties this round, I'm sure all the F1 marshals are concerned about our fellow marshals in other sectors. That's why Race Committee must do the right thing and be transparent about this matter and show accountability through the volunteer's newsletter. If they simply keep quiet and hope that the less people know about this the better, then they are being sneaky about it and I will lose all my respect for SingaporeGP.

The marshal who got the foot run over by the F1 car, I saw.

Those marshals who were injured by falling spectators or other misc mishaps while on duty may have suffered injury and may have a valid case to claim insurance from SingaporeGP. I hope they know their rights and not be blur blur and just keep quiet and be a goondu.

Actually, to be brutally honest, our F1 job is actually chor kang. I bet alot of the volunteers have never worked like this before in their entire lives(except me, I work as rubbish dump cleaner before, I'm not joking), seriously,......the way we all sign on at the mustering area and eating our lunches like a Bangala construction worker is an example, not to mention the extremely humid and unforgiving working conditions under the elements. The heatstroke inducing overalls is another thing that many of the people used to working in air con cannot get used to. So in this light, to see that the majority of marshal casualties are females, is a foregone conclusion.

seankyh bro said it best....

Its not like I had so much time to go and shoot. Was working my ass off man.

I think alot of F1 marshals will agree that the job was not as easy as they had thought nor did they foresee the inherent dangers.

I just found out something :bsmilie: even TODAY newspaper also bo hiu lan FOM's claim to copyright of all photos taken by F1 marshals :bsmilie::bsmilie: If you look carefully at the photo credits of the following news report, TODAY gave full photo credits to the volunteer F1 marshal :bsmilie:

The best part is that this volunteer F1 Marshal's their sports reporter, what a scoop for TODAY!!

2769404daf9e92669ba20ee20f3babf8b8847c8.jpg

Last edited:
bravo!!! i think photos of Marshals on duty or just posing for the camera shouldn't come under the property of FOM. if the FOM wants to use photos of Marshals for their promotions, then they have to buy the pictures from whoever shot them.

as for the pictures of the cars, i still think it's ok to shoot and share with friends for viewing purposes... but not for commercial purposes.

btw... bro kiasi, which sector were you in and what position?

bravo!!! i think photos of Marshals on duty or just posing for the camera shouldn't come under the property of FOM. if the FOM wants to use photos of Marshals for their promotions, then they have to buy the pictures from whoever shot them.

as for the pictures of the cars, i still think it's ok to shoot and share with friends for viewing purposes... but not for commercial purposes.

btw... bro kiasi, which sector were you in and what position?

:bsmilie: That's why my nick is kiasi.... my job is to fight for the justice and welfare of all volunteer F1 marshals...if I expose myself, then next year who will fight for you guys? :nono::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.