F1 Burnout

Status
Not open for further replies.

lioneldude

Nov 11, 2007
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Shot this burnout of the F1 tyre marks from the Singapore pitlane. Surprisingly, all the tyre marks are still there. This shot was shot on a cloudy day (Saturday)

ISO-400, F13, 1/100 shutter, spot metering, manual mode. This picture has been enhanced to raise the brightness.
IMG_0450-edit.jpg

Comments required:

How to improve the sharpness of the shot while trying to raise the exposure level?

Last edited:
What do you mean by improving the sharpness? Is it blurry? I can't really tell given the size of the image.

If it's blur due to handshake, more practice would help. Exiftool reports you shot this at 18mm? 1/100 at 18mm should be fine handheld.

If you need more DOF, try hyper focusing your lens, don't AF at infinity. I personally shoot alot of panos, and use a 16mm focused to 1.5m, F8. This gives me loads of DOF from 1.5m++ to infinity.

If you need to raise the exposure, applying +ve exposure compensation?

HTHs!

Alvin

Oops photobucket automatically reduces the size. Will take note of the focusing point, and switching to manual focusing.

1- I see the white patch of the sky, the bridge and the distant trees first BEFORE the tyre marks. Those may not be necessary.
2- Get lower down, if possible on the track itself JUST to show the tyre marks. Might be able to get a good bokeh, which would be nice.

1- I see the white patch of the sky, the bridge and the distant trees first BEFORE the tyre marks. Those may not be necessary.
2- Get lower down, if possible on the track itself JUST to show the tyre marks. Might be able to get a good bokeh, which would be nice.

I see thanks for pointing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.