Eyeing at new Digital Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwongsm

May 26, 2003
East, Singapore
www.pbase.com
:bwhat: Hello all,

Great to join this forum !! I am currently holding a Nikon Coolpix 775 and will be giving it to my sister.

Have been enjoy using this camera for about 1.5 years already. Good basic beginner digital camera.

Now ... need to get a new one ... budget within S$1000. Please give some comments. thanks ;)

Actually, Have looked at a few models

Canon S50, Canon Powershot A70, Olympus 740UZ and 750UZ. Also considering just a normal SLA camer ....

Any ideas ?!

given the budget u have, u might consider s602, G3 or even a 2nd E10

search under buy & sell forum. raymond84 has 1 complete set for sale

had u made up your mind on which DC to buy ?

Originally posted by jasonpgc
Can also G2 or G3

But G2/G3 is pretty expensive with limited ZOOOOM ... that's why I am looking at the 10X zoom ... like Olympus C740/750 UZ. But not sure about the image quality ..:dunno:

You can get the c730uz if you dun mind the older model. There's an offer of free HP printer, Adobe PhotoShop Elements and extra 32MB XD Card when you buy a 730 now.

Pls bear mind that there are very few ppl having no hand shake problem with 10X optical zoom on a DC.

What's the price now? How about the image quality ??

Originally posted by Bean
You can get the c730uz if you dun mind the older model. There's an offer of free HP printer, Adobe PhotoShop Elements and extra 32MB XD Card when you buy a 730 now.

Guess I will go down to Sim Lim this week to take a look at the few models suggested by you all :cool:

Some more considerations is the type of battery ... and memory card. I have a few Compact flash ... so wish to reuse ...

BTW, which is the cheapest memory cards in the market now ? Seems like XD card is hot but expensive !!

Think better get some US Company STOCKS - like SanDisk, will definitely earn something huh ?! :D

Originally posted by cwongsm
I see ... so is there any DC that comes with "Steady Shoots" like what Video Cam is having ???

Most digital cameras don't come with image stabiliser... some models such as the rather old Canon Pro90IS do come with Image Stabiliser. However, it adds up to the price and size.... My recommendation is G3. Good camera..... however, being a girl, I find G3 too bulky.. I prefer S50, which has all the features I need yet compact/stylish enough..... ;)

Thanks. I understand how you feel about small light weight cameras ... I am a gal ... of course I also prefer something small. However, most of the bigger (heavier) cameras come with better specs and functions.

My colleague just recommended me to wait for Nikon 5400. :gbounce:

Given that the CP5000 costs $1488 (retail) and CP5700 $1788 (retail) I seriously think the CP5400 will cost >$1488.

Your 1K can be spent on a 2nd hand G3 or 602. They're pretty good cameras.

Just my 0.02 cents

hee hee ... I am putting a little bit more to buy a good one ... say about S$1.5k MAX. Really really really wish to take some good pictures! :D

So ... really really wish to buy an affordable camera with good performance within my budget.

Please give me more ideas ! Thanks :gbounce:

Think about it .. Yeah I should spent a little bit more to get real good pictures ! ;)

Thanks jmeng. Ok ... from now on, I shall look into cameras within S$1500.

I also .... Really really wish to take good pictures too. THAT'S A CERTAIN ENJOYMENT !! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.