External flash for 602Z and equivalent

What flash are you using for your camera?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metz 32Z1 to be used on C5050, i gotta buy an adapter for the flash right ? how much will everything cost together ?

And i am quite worried over the power consumption.

And if i am taking photo of ppl dancin, i might need multi-shots, can the flash catches up ? :dunno:

I dun know lots of things, thnx for mpenza to lead me here !!

BTW, anyone got 2nd cheap Metz 32Z1 or Vivitar 285HV for sale ? really keen to use external flash, as C5050.... quite cannot make it in the dark :sweat:

leeter said:
Metz 32Z1 to be used on C5050, i gotta buy an adapter for the flash right ? how much will everything cost together ?

And i am quite worried over the power consumption.

And if i am taking photo of ppl dancin, i might need multi-shots, can the flash catches up ? :dunno:

I dun know lots of things, thnx for mpenza to lead me here !!

BTW, anyone got 2nd cheap Metz 32Z1 or Vivitar 285HV for sale ? really keen to use external flash, as C5050.... quite cannot make it in the dark :sweat:

You don't need an adaptor - the Metz 32z1 has auto modes, just set the aperture and you're good to go.

For multi-shots, optimally you should get a flash which supports an external battery pack - but your budget might not allow for that.

oic.... i was confused, bt now not more. Coz i read in other thread regarding this, and they say u have to buy a adapter to use the TTL function. So if i want to have TTL function, i just gotta buy the adapter which is short of an add on ?

And Wow.. so those multi-flashing aint cheap. Haha thought normal external flashes can do that too !! :sweatsm:

leeter said:
oic.... i was confused, bt now not more. Coz i read in other thread regarding this, and they say u have to buy a adapter to use the TTL function. So if i want to have TTL function, i just gotta buy the adapter which is short of an add on ?

And Wow.. so those multi-flashing aint cheap. Haha thought normal external flashes can do that too !! :sweatsm:

Yes, but the SCA adaptor isn't supported on the Metz32z-1. 32z2 has this feature.

Actually, you can do without TTL - auto modes work very well too once you're familiar with your setup.

leeter said:

There're other hgher end Metz flash allows TTL with Olympus cameras but not 32Z1. So you don't need to get any adaptor. TTL means that the flash exposure is determined by the sensor looking through the lens of the camera. This is not how it works with the 32Z1. 32Z1 has a sensor on the flash itself that determines the proper flash exposure.

can your camera support burst mode shooting with flash in the first place? I know for sure that the S602Z can't. The external flash is not triggerred in the burst mode.

Haha... icic, i still waiting for someone to offer me cheap one... still waiting... someone did offered me a 32MZ3, near $200 dun know want to buy anot. Can anyone let me know abt the second hand pricing ? I went ard Funan area to hunt for Flash, bt too paiseh to go ask, just lookEd ard, seen that not much 2nd hand flashes are for sale.

As for the multi-shots thingy, i guess my Camera cant do that... lolz.. sorry, nv thought abt that... lolz

I've just got a big baby Metz 40MZ-2 w/SCA 3401 M2 for my S602. My camera became quite big & heavy with the 40MZ-2 installed, but there I have the power when I need. I don't mind carrying 1kg... :)

If one day I feel ready to carry something more powerful and heavier, I'll get an S2 PRO :bsmilie:

use the emoblitz 328. works fine with the s602Z.

Status
Not open for further replies.