Extended warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

wideeyedcat

Dec 28, 2008
Hi, I'm new here. I've just posted an ad for my SLR, and I'm wondering for those who had done the same, especially if you wish to sell your extended warranty as well, do you have to hand over your bill (which contains your address) to your buyer?

Any comment would be appreciated. Much thanks.

I would expect the extended warranty (if any) will be thrown in as a package. After all, what are you going to do with the extended warranty without the SLR?

If I am the buyer, I would want to have proof that there is actually an extended warranty included as this might affect the final agree price. And I would need to have the proper document so I can claim this extended warranty if needed. So, if this requires you to hand over a document that include your home address, I guess it is unavoidable...

Ok, I see. Thank you for the information. :)

Recently sold a camera too; didn't hesitate too much to hand over my warranty card which contains my full name, address, email, phone no. I mean, if u dun hand over the card, how u expect the buyer to claim warranty?

Alternatively; on the portion that U RETAINED, u can just fill in date of purchase but leave ur private details out?

I sold my body as well as my lens recently. I gave the original Bill/Receipt to the buyer as well the print out of the Extended Warranty also to him. We must be a good seller and be responsible and considerate to the seller for what we are selling. You don't want to cheat anybody by keeping something left with you for which he has already paid for right!!
So pass everything in the package which are of no use to you after you sell your main product.
Just my 2cents advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.