Exposure Compensation...how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

triston

Oct 16, 2002
Visit site
HI.

I've got an F80. But there's something i can't figure out..that is exposure compensation.

What is the difference between setting a +1 Exposure compensation , and setting the exposure to +1 from the recommended meter reading in manual mode?

I realise that setting a +1 Exposure compensation in any semi automatic mode( AP/SP) does not affect the aperture or shutter speed setting. So how does it compensate for exposure?

Thanks.

Originally posted by triston
HI.

I've got an F80. But there's something i can't figure out..that is exposure compensation.

What is the difference between setting a +1 Exposure compensation , and setting the exposure to +1 from the recommended meter reading in manual mode?

I realise that setting a +1 Exposure compensation in any semi automatic mode( AP/SP) does not affect the aperture or shutter speed setting. So how does it compensate for exposure?

Thanks.

Setting Exposure Compensation to +1EV has the same effect as opening up your aperture, or selecting 1 stop lower shutter speed in M mode.

Setting Exposure Compensation in A mode will cause the camera to select a shutter speed which is 1 stop lower.

Setting Exposure Compensation in S mode will cause the camera to open up the aperture by one stop.

At least that's what happens on a F100.

P mode ...... dunno. ;p

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.