Experts advice needed in choosing which cam to buy best

Anyway, before jumping into buying a camera, ask yourself these questions,

1) Will weigh be an issue
2) Is EVF a must (if it is... then EPL3 or Pen mini is not for you, unless you wanted to opt for an add on).
3) Do you need AF when taking movie
4) Budget ($$$$ the most important thing on Earth)

Look also to the following brands,

1) Sony NEX, Sony SLT cameras
2) Pentax K-01 (had essentially the same sensor as the famed K5).
3) Nikon (D3200 - having a new 24MP sensor)
4) Canon - G1X

Anyway, we can give you all the suggestion of the brands we like but it is essentially up to you to go down to the shop and have a feel first hand on how these cameras felt in your hand and if you can handle their weigh, like their ergonomic and understand their user menu.

Well. Weight is not an issue since all this is not a dslr it definitely does not weight as much as a dslr. And I have no idea what is EVF and AF. I'm totally noob about camera. xP And actually I do not want to spend so much on a camera (maybe about $600)since I don't really know much about it and wont do so much things to it except taking pic using auto and some video. But since I'm spending money on it maybe I will know more about it in the future and try to use manual mode instead. But if $600 is not enough I don't mind spending more on the recommended cameras since all of them usually cost more than $600 but I will try to buy the cheapest one of course. And of all brands which camera is the best? Like doesn't cause much problems as other brands. Thanks.

That's why you get higher prices

By calling the shops will get cheaper deal isit? Cos I thought of visiting them myself but I'm too lazy. :p

How much is the samsunng one? And is samsung a good brand camera? Does it cause alot of problems?

if TS can wait~~

NEX-F3D : NEX-F3 : NEX Camera (E-mount) : Sony Singapore

That's too expensive for me. I wish to spend less than $800 on it since its my first camera and I'm a noob.

Well. Weight is not an issue since all this is not a dslr it definitely does not weight as much as a dslr. And I have no idea what is EVF and AF. I'm totally noob about camera. xP And actually I do not want to spend so much on a camera (maybe about $600)since I don't really know much about it and wont do so much things to it except taking pic using auto and some video. But since I'm spending money on it maybe I will know more about it in the future and try to use manual mode instead. But if $600 is not enough I don't mind spending more on the recommended cameras since all of them usually cost more than $600 but I will try to buy the cheapest one of course. And of all brands which camera is the best? Like doesn't cause much problems as other brands. Thanks.

1) EVF - electronic viewfinder, the small thingy for you to look through without needing to look at the LCD. Very useful especially in bright sunlight (which will make seeing the images on your LCD very difficult).

2) AF - autofocus

3) Mirrorless camera - most Point and shoot camera such as G12, LX5 etc are mirrorless, some of the interchangeable lens camera are mirrorless such as the PEN series, NEX etc.

Some of the camera do not autofocus when you take movie and you need manual focus, but I believe for most mirrorless camera they do support autofocus during movie taking.

And of all brands of camera... none will give you much problem if you know how to use them correctly... and there are no best camera around. It all depend on your needs. All brands of camera had their own pro and cons, and there are no more pro then con or more cons than pro.

That is one reason I asked you to go down to the shops and had a feel of the cameras, see which one feels right for you.

if TS needs a swivel screen, the Sony Alpha A55 is a good choice. though it flips down below not above

1) EVF - electronic viewfinder, the small thingy for you to look through without needing to look at the LCD. Very useful especially in bright sunlight (which will make seeing the images on your LCD very difficult).

2) AF - autofocus

3) Mirrorless camera - most Point and shoot camera such as G12, LX5 etc are mirrorless, some of the interchangeable lens camera are mirrorless such as the PEN series, NEX etc.

Some of the camera do not autofocus when you take movie and you need manual focus, but I believe for most mirrorless camera they do support autofocus during movie taking.

And of all brands of camera... none will give you much problem if you know how to use them correctly... and there are no best camera around. It all depend on your needs. All brands of camera had their own pro and cons, and there are no more pro then con or more cons than pro.

That is one reason I asked you to go down to the shops and had a feel of the cameras, see which one feels right for you.

Hi. Can you recommend a few cameras that is good and fit my requirement and hopefully its below $800. I have no idea where to begin with so with the few recommendation i can go down to the shops to try it and find the suitable one for me. Thanks!

Hi. Can you recommend a few cameras that is good and fit my requirement and hopefully its below $800. I have no idea where to begin with so with the few recommendation i can go down to the shops to try it and find the suitable one for me. Thanks!

Do the other way around. Go to the shops first, try the cameras that appeal to you that are below 800, write down the model number, then use Google and read reviews.

This way, you actually get a camera you like, you learn more, and do not get a reputation as a "needs to be spoonfed" person.

To make things easier for you... list the things that you want your camera to do,

1) Swivel LCD
2) Take good pictures (I presume)
3) Able to take HD video
4) Have good AF in movie mode
5) Weigh is not an issue
6) Able to change lenses (?)

Well, with the above mentioned, you can go to the shops and give the salesperson this list of items that you would like your new camera to have... then let them showcase what they have.

A few camera came into mind that fit these requirements,

1) Sony SLT57 (don't have swivel LCD, but can flip LCD up and down) - around S$1k though, so depending on whether you are ready to fork out that money - might do good if you check out the second hand market.
2) Canon G1X (around S$8XX, abit more expensive than your budget though)
3) Canon G12
4) Panasonic G3 - should be more than 1k, might do good if you check out the second hand market.
5) Olympus EPL3 (no swivel LCD, but can flip LCD up and down).
6) Sony NEX-5n (no swivel LCD, but can flip LCD up and down).
7) Panasonic FZ150 (superzoom camera - which mean it had a lens that can extend to a long focal range)

Of course there might be others, but the above seven cameras are what came over my head (after I took a slack in my fxxking work).

1) Sony SLT57 (don't have swivel LCD, but can flip LCD up and down)

Ran also rotate the screen, it's not just up and down.

Ran also rotate the screen, it's not just up and down.

oops. My bad... didn't see properly the review for the SLT57.

Yep. The screen can also be rotated.

No, Cathay e-quote is always lower than walk-in price and they always honour the e-quote

What the heck? I don't shop with them so I don't know how they operate. Why is that so? I'm pretty sure this isn't the case for other shops.

What the heck? I don't shop with them so I don't know how they operate. Why is that so? I'm pretty sure this isn't the case for other shops.

Bro accept it....i actually experience it with TK too when i bought my 60D

DigitalCamera said:

Haha one more thing is they do price matching. So you can almost always get the lowest quote from them.

DigitalCamera said:
Lol? TK also quote lower when u ask for e-quote? Dunno whether e-quote being lower than walk in price is a good or bad thing :think:

I even got lower than e quote cos i forgot to bring de quote n rembr a wrong price. The guy sold to me at my name price. Turn out to b lower than their e quote lol