Experiences with the new K-7 Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really making me gian here...
Will have to go back and re-work my finances...
And speaking of that, did the pre-order threads get removed?

Based on what Mark Dimo said here, it's quite a bit improved.

No offence but I don't think Mark Dimo shoots often enough under artificial lighting ........... you can tell from from his tan :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No offence but I don't think Mark Dimo shoots often enough under artificial lighting ........... :rolleyes:

:nono:
u already got yr D700 to fall back on...if u want good afc

No offence but I don't think Mark Dimo shoots often enough under artificial lighting ........... you can tell from from his tan :rolleyes:

Sorry, I don't quite understand this comment. The question was whether AF-C was improved and the reply referred to Mark Dimo's blog where he said that "AF tracking in AF-C is vastly improved". What has that got to do with artificial lighting? Did I miss something here?

Sorry, I don't quite understand this comment. The question was whether AF-C was improved and the reply referred to Mark Dimo's blog where he said that "AF tracking in AF-C is vastly improved". What has that got to do with artificial lighting? Did I miss something here?

The K20D struggles with AF-C especially hard under artificial lighting..(tungsten/fluoroscent).
In daylight it's slightly better.

To reiterate, the k-7 should be better as far as AF-S in artifical lighting is concerned, because of the secondary WB/AF sensor, but the jury is still out on the AF-C performance.

:nono:
u already got yr D700 to fall back on...if u want good afc

Yesh ........ :embrass: ...... but all that good talk on the K7 got me very agitated ...... must pull out that pita K7 .......:sweat: :bsmilie:

hahaha... i thought u like samsung... using samsung sensor leh so maybe got samsung version coming next...

Akan Datang ...... unveiling of the Samsung NX ............. :devil:

Yesh ........ :embrass: ...... but all that good talk on the K7 got me very agitated ...... must pull out that pita K7 .......:sweat: :bsmilie:

no need to get agitated,just wait n see once it arrive
as for the good talk it the same for K10D and K20D and other brands...yr after yr..they must of cos said it good and better..if not...who going to buy?

Hi FengWei, does the K7 has the lenses adjustment for FF & BF like the K20D?

no need to get agitated,just wait n see once it arrive
as for the good talk it the same for K10D and K20D and other brands...yr after yr..they must of cos said it good and better..if not...who going to buy?

Sensitive issue you have brought up .................. :sweat: ........... but true ....... Pentax always improve bit by bit ................but the users still get impulse to upgrade everytime ........ or maybe they do it to save the economy. :p

Sensitive issue you have brought up .................. :sweat: ........... but true ....... Pentax always improve bit by bit ................but the users still get impulse to upgrade everytime ........ or maybe they do it to save the economy. :p

Everyone in a reasonable position improves "bit by bit".

See 5D focussing vs. 5D Mk II focussing ;)

have to wait for the final version of the firmware...I wonder will Pentax release an software update to the K20D based on the K7 final version firmware?

The improved algorithms will be very much appreciated for events in artificial light and the autofocus. An "Always fire flash" option would be nice.

2 days ago....after learning about the >2K price, I was saying stick to the K200D.
Now with the super duper intro price plus your review...I can't be sure anymore...
must control! Cannot buy camera every year...argg!

Great review Feng wei....!:)

K-7... will some one sponsor me !?!?! haha
I so WANT THE CAMERA... T.T

Guess what, I saw Fengwei's post in xitek got more than 4xxxx views already~
Bravo!!!

Okay Okay Okay :devil: Cannot tahan anymore. Have placed pre-order :cheergal::cheergal::cheergal:

Status
Not open for further replies.