EXIF editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahbeng

Jun 9, 2003
Visit site
Dear experts, is there anyway where i can batch enter EXIF informations such as Artist, owner name ,copyright, etc? i do not to do it one by one.

ahbeng said:
Dear experts, is there anyway where i can batch enter EXIF informations such as Artist, owner name ,copyright, etc? i do not to do it one by one.

one option is to create an action within photoshop to do this, and use batch processing.

care to explain how to enter/edit exif info in photoshop? which button?

ahbeng said:
care to explain how to enter/edit exif info in photoshop? which button?

ok here goes -

1. open up a sample image in ps.
2. bring up the actions palette from the windows menu
3. within actions palette click on icon for new action and then click on the record icon
4. from the file menu, go to file info and enter your info. depending on the ps version, the screens will be different.
5. when finished, file; save; close
6. click stop icon on action palette

your action has now been created.

to apply this action to a group of images, go to file; automate; batch. select your action, source and destination images/folders etc.

this should get you started.

btw - the info you refer to is not EXIF data, but referred to as IPTC data generally.

Hi i enter lots of data in photoshop info, save it; open with ACDsee to check the exif but nothing i keyed was in the exif. returned to photoshop and the data is there. therefore I think you must have mistaken. the info in photoshop is not exif but photoshop info.

ahbeng said:
Hi i enter lots of data in photoshop info, save it; open with ACDsee to check the exif but nothing i keyed was in the exif. returned to photoshop and the data is there. therefore I think you must have mistaken. the info in photoshop is not exif but photoshop info.

as i said earlier, the data you referred to earlier is indeed not EXIF data. EXIF data refers to the data captured by the camera relating to the exposure i.e. shutter speed, aperture, focal length etc.

the data you entered in ps is IPTC data. as far as i know (and i have acdsee too), acdsee does not support IPTC data - therefore what you enter in ps you will not see in acdsee.

You can also use Windows Explorer to edit the EXIF inforamtion.

In Explorer, highlight the photo(s), right click and then select "Properties" from the pop-up menu. In the Properties window, select the "Summary" tab and you will see the EXIF information.

At the bottom of the list are editable fields such as Title, Keyword, Comments, Author etc.

Hope this helps.

- Roy

EXIF_edit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.