Esplanade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Hi guys,

I wanted to try some zoom-creep photography and tried capturing the Esplanade. What do you guys think? Does it work for you? Only PS work done was to add the border and text. This was an 8-second exposure.

DSC00408_s.jpg

i like it :) just my two cents worth

the picture is nice as it is:thumbsup:, but would it be better if you tried to capture the esplanade clearly on the final seconds. the way i see it is just a ghost/reflection of something that someone not familiar with the esplanade will find hard to comprehend.

i hope you won't a comment from a newbie:embrass: like me.

the picture is nice as it is:thumbsup:, but would it be better if you tried to capture the esplanade clearly on the final seconds. the way i see it is just a ghost/reflection of something that someone not familiar with the esplanade will find hard to comprehend.

i hope you won't a comment from a newbie:embrass: like me.

All comments are good, don't worry. :)

Hmm, yes, I could give that a try too.

the place is perfect, but your photo...

Your timing is a bit fast. try slower one.

I also perfer to see it clearly in the center.

it'll look better for me if i could make out the esplanade and the below (are they cars?) more clearly..as previous posters said, open the shutter longer before zooming.

i believe the photo isn't straight.

just my 2 cents worth.

i feel that the subject is not appropriate for this "style" of photography.. or rather.. the overall setting..

there seems to be too many lights around the esplanade for this one.. which makes the picture really messy after your long exposure + zoom.. then of course the problem with tilt too..

Thanks for all the feedback! It looked fantastic printed out. :D

I think it looks good. However an improvement in my opinion is that you crop out the sky and etc., leaving the focus on the multiple exposures of the lights of the Esplanade. It will give a new perspective which I find more interesting.

Very interesting shot! I don't think much can be done to the horizon cause the bridge is not "straight in that sense...

But the left zig zag lines are very distracting... draws my attention away from the main focus which is the durian...

Maybe you can try another location which give more attention to the esplanade instead. Or start zooming from half of the full tele length?

:) :thumbsup: try nonetheless.

Yupyup. Will try. I have a good one of the Merlion too actually. I'll try posting that one up and see what you guys think

Status
Not open for further replies.