esplanade shots last Sat (21 jun)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops! think I have put under the wrong category. Correct me if possible, or let it be.

I'm sorry!

Hi Stealth ,

Forgive me for being a bit blunt here .:embrass:

For eg (00010_rj_1)

It would be good to put an object (human) or something in the center. It will channel people to the object which would be your object of focus.

For 00011_rj_1

You might like to open the aperature a bit larger so that the lampost may standout instead of the whole picture.

I recommend this site as I find it has a lot of useful information abt photography :)

http://www.betterphoto.com/allAbout.asp

thanks coca88.

for the second comment you have, actually on that day itself, wanted to blur out the background, but was not successful. I opened the aperture to the max, yet fail to. A friend of mine feel might be due to the distance.

Is there a limit in making your subject standout of the picture in terms of the distance between u and the subject?

Hi Stealth,

Distance to the object affects the clarity of the background.

You might like to try this little experiment.

Tty bringing an object close to you and focus really hard on it . You will notice that the background is blur. Wherelse, if the object is pretty far away , staring really hard at the object doesn't make the background blur .

I'm not sure about the distance limit as it varies from len to len. For me , i would usually just use Av mode (aperature priority) to assist me in taking such pictures.

Hope that helps :)

You can also try to focus at a point slightly in front of the lampost.
But it's close enough to the lampost that it won't be ouf of focus.
I would say this is subtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.