Esplanade Opening: Rumor of 30 mins of Fireworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Extracted from the Esplanade Opening Info Booklet*

Opening Day
Esplanade - Theatre on the Bay opens on 12 October 2002. Come celebrate this historic day with us!

Fiesta!
A rousing carnival along Esplanade Waterfront to welcome everyone to Singapore's new performing arts centre. Esplanade Waterfront and Marina Promenade @ 5pm-10:15pm

Official Opening Ceremony
Espalanade will be officially opened by President SR Nathan. Esplanade Forecourt @ 7:30pm-7:45pm

Harbour Spectacular
The celebrations culminate with a scintillating 30-minute show inspired by the space around Esplanade. This unique performance brings together a host of artists including abseiling acrobats, Legs on the Wall from Australia (on Maybank Tower), Canadian company Theatre de la Dame de Coeur, known for its imaginative giant puppets, and Groupe F from France, creators of the millenium fireworks on the Eiffel Tower. The pyrotechnics of these "sculptors of light" illuminate the unfolding story, including choreographed bumboats on the waters of Marina Bay. A fitting finale to a memorable night. Marina Bay @ 10:15pm-10:45pm

Waterfront Party
Party on till the early morning at the waterfront. Marina Promenade @ 10:45pm-1am

ah good the definitive version!
how many going into the place and how many shooting outside the place?
cos the fireworks will be best viewed across the bay at the grass park, but the action will be at the durian side itself... LOL charter a bumboat?

haha,. how abt a cs gathering for shot out.. then hor, can book the place. And take turn go into durian by small grps while some left behind to look after the equipments.. :D

(hehe...maybe it is also a good idea for me to gang up with some bandits and rob the equipments :devil: )

Originally posted by Zoomer
Post a scan?

Any mention/sugesstion/hint/etc where the fireworks will be shot from?

Thanks. :)

If they are using the same people who do the Sydney Harbour shows, then barges in the bay for the big ones, the bridge, nearby buildings, etc for smaller 'effect' displays.

The Sydney fireworks displays were starting to get a bit ridiculous - each year they had to be bigger than before, etc.. And they have pretty well run out of new 'wow' effects, so they were just making the show longer, with nothing other than a lot of rubbish on the ground afterwards to show for it...

(And not just rubbish from the spectators - all those star burst shells had to land somewhere....)

I think the 'claim to fame' for the Sydney people was using multple barges in the harbour, with radio firing controls to keep the barges in sync. You can't run wires out to a barge moored in the middle of an active harbour...

lol cheechee can bring the stuff in lah... just that if u get caught they will stop u or maybe ask for ur film...

as for the sydney thing, haven't personally seen it.. but hope their bad trend does not start here LOL...

has any photographer been hit by a fireworks shell? LOL

Originally posted by denizenx
lol cheechee can bring the stuff in lah... just that if u get caught they will stop u or maybe ask for ur film...

Haha.. then bring in digicam lol.. all chiong in a group, more than 10 digicam, take take take picture. Then if security guards come, run in different direction, confirm will have "survivors" with nice shots. Some more maybe can have nice shots of guards chasing photographers.... :D

Originally posted by cheechee

Haha.. then bring in digicam lol.. all chiong in a group, more than 10 digicam, take take take picture. Then if security guards come, run in different direction, confirm will have "survivors" with nice shots. Some more maybe can have nice shots of guards chasing photographers.... :D

:D

Originally posted by beachbum
anyone going for this???:rbounce:

Not a bad idea. Let me ask some of my friends if they are game for this.
:rbounce: :rbounce:

good man, try to do it before 7.30 pm so mr nathan can hear about it...

Originally posted by denizenx
good man, try to do it before 7.30 pm so mr nathan can hear about it...

Good idea! Will also ask some press guys to stand by.
Oh boy! What a show! I think we may make it bigger than the Sept 11 breakout. :D

Originally posted by Dagger

Good idea! Will also ask some press guys to stand by.
Oh boy! What a show! I think we may make it bigger than the Sept 11 breakout. :D

Haha.. sure or not? then better if u can arrange to have a spokesperson for the group and after all the action, get him approach the press and have a formal statemen, " We hereby detest the moves by the esplanade for restricting our rights to take .... blah blah blah.."

:devil:

Then confirm the next day on paper liao(maybe not the ST, but at least The New Paper will take it?:D )

Worst case senario -
All being lockup and questioned for being suspected in "possing threats towards national security"
:rbounce:

Worst case senario -
All being lockup and questioned for being suspected in "possing threats towards national security"
:rbounce:
then i'll take photo of you all being hauled away... :devil: :bsmilie:

just kidding...

Status
Not open for further replies.