Erwinx Fever Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Mar 6, 2003
East of Singapore
www.gorgeousfeathers.com
Dedicated to erwinx.

Had the opportunity to spend 2 hours this afternoon having kopi-o with the famous and much sought after Black Cap Kingfisher.

Full frame shot, F11, ISO400, 600mm + 1.4TC

Blackcap Kingfisher wishes all in WoN a Happy Kingfisher Year ! ;p

_D2H0295.jpg

_D2H0251.jpg

ccplim said:
Pwah!!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: You are making me jelous man! :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

At least your avatar is better than mine... :sweatsm:

wahh very nice, happy new year too :thumbsup:

At least i got record shot of the Marina one couple weeks back, so not as bad as 2004 when didn't even get 1 shot .... Maybe easier to just go Johor and shoot it :)

Now my keyboard is flooded with my own saliva. Die Die must get a shot at Mr Blacky by this year. Excellent capture :heart: :thumbsup:

Cheers

Ha ha, guess you better hurry... cos Mr Black will be going home soon, you'll have to wait till next migratory season should you not do it by March/April.

Newguy69 said:
Now my keyboard is flooded with my own saliva. Die Die must get a shot at Mr Blacky by this year. Excellent capture :heart: :thumbsup:

Cheers

hwchoy said:
hey Philip, did you calibrate your monitor? the eye/head area looks very dark especially pic 2.

agreed wif above member ........ looks like bad exposure. e pixels around head lined wif bad sharpenin artifacts. i m guessin it is bcuz u use aggressive method for sharpenin or shadow & highlight recovery? otherwise quite good image,did u shoot e subject in singapoer?

some good bckf images in won ~~~~ excellent works ! :thumbsup:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=115277

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=114462

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=96120

Thanks to all for the kind compliments. I was lucky enough to be able to get these shots from different angles.

erwinx : This one from Singapore.

Madcat : not only for kopi, breakfast too !

hwchoy : Monitor just calibrated. Pics were taken with available light. No flash was used. Under certain lighting condition, when viewed through the viewfinder, the black portion really dark.

mathewsl : mate, whats up ?

If the 2 pictures have caused any keyboard short-circuiting, don't blame me hor. ;p

I'm still a newbie !

Nice one there bro! Good capture. :thumbsup: Finally you have met up with the handsome Mr. Black. ;) 2nd shot gets my vote, although slightly under, details of the head area cannot be seen. Nevertheless good capture!

Must try to catch this guy b4 he ends his 'vacation' here!

:heart:

Great catch there :)

Nice catch Harlequin. No fair, 600+TC1.4 = 840mm w/o crop factor. Me I finally manage to reach a mere 500mm. Must find out from you where this playgrounds is. Magnificent bird, nice colours and natural light to boot! I have a soft spot for kingfishers.

Sree said:
Nice catch Harlequin. No fair, 600+TC1.4 = 840mm w/o crop factor. Me I finally manage to reach a mere 500mm. Must find out from you where this playgrounds is. Magnificent bird, nice colours and natural light to boot! I have a soft spot for kingfishers.
Thanks Sree.
The lighting and surroundings were really good. Now can move on to the next KF, the Common Kingfisher. Havent been able to get one with a blue colour fish in mouth leh, just like the one in my avatar. :cool:

Good to know you've finally reached the 500mm club. Been enjoying the new lesn ?

Status
Not open for further replies.