ERP satellite tracking is an invasion of privacy.

hm.... Pay the distance that you travel. :think:

I think such technology is creepy.
Wait till the government starts implanting RFID IC into your body, how many times you have sex and long long did your ejaculation lasted will all be recorded. :bsmilie:
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong National Day Rally Speech 2009 said:

They are very rare, many one incident in 300 funerals.

How do I know?

We collect statistics on everything.

I am not too concerned with this privacy thing.

Just imagine tracking half a million vehicles, with one to several trips a day. It is helluva huge amount of data.

Unless you're someone they are interested in, they are not interested if you visit IR every other day or go the area G every week.

Good to check on criminal activities, terrorist activities, espionage, and in general helping the MHA.

Well, if you have nothing to hide, there is nothing to worry... even if someone come knocking at your door at 0300hr.

Looks like they can simply implement ERP at any location than the current type which requires construction of its gantry? :eek:

Looks like they can simply implement ERP at any location than the current type which requires construction of its gantry? :eek:

Anywhere you kana 'gantry' without knowing.

Best is the same location....today no 'gantry', tmr kana one 'gantry'.:bsmilie:

:bsmilie: Looks like the day for everyone to have a "virtual" gantry at the immediate entrance/exit of their house is near.

thinks is hard for ERP satellite.. singapore so many buildings n trees.. all obstruct. the actual location is + - a few metres away... ;)

Don't understand why such a complicated system needs to be used.

Just install a coin op onto every car :bsmilie:

thinks is hard for ERP satellite.. singapore so many buildings n trees.. all obstruct. the actual location is + - a few metres away... ;)
Not really, ground based augmentation to a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) could actually connect the vehicle's Global Positioning System (GPS) receiver to the surrounding network of mobile phone Base Transceiver Stations (BTS) or perhaps to a network of possibly some other reference stations for the purpose of time synchronisation and position triangulation of the vehicle's GPS receiver if a Direct Line Of Sight (DLOS) to at least 3 satellites (4 if attitude information is to be provided) from the GPS receiver is unavailable in a urban built-up area thus resulting in greater tracking accuracy.

Assisted GPS (A-GPS) or Enhanced GPS (E-GPS) that people might be familiar with works on a similar principle. :)

Last edited:
My friend was a supplier for the current erp unit in our transport & many years ago, he told me that there's a chip in there that can be picked up by satellite.

Just pray that our kids don't get chipped like pets!

Time to revive an old clip

[vid]fE4FLy93Bzo[/vid]

In the new system, there will be no gantries. Once you start your car, you'll have to pay. The longer distance you drive, the more you'll pay. GPS will track everything.

Pay and Pay!

In the new system, there will be no gantries. Once you start your car, you'll have to pay. The longer distance you drive, the more you'll pay. GPS will track everything.

Pay and Pay!

Yeah, everything become distance fare!!! Ur IU become like taxi meter going in the opposite direction...

Just pray that our kids don't get chipped like pets!

the concept of chipping humans has met with massive resistance in states, making it a no go.

But. I am sure it can be implemented smoothly here if they want to. Pay as u walk!

the concept of chipping humans has met with massive resistance in states, making it a no go.

But. I am sure it can be implemented smoothly here if they want to. Pay as u walk!

Oh damn now we gotta learn to think with portals.

[vid]opr11HzwnsI[/vid]

I read that the Netherlands is already thinking of using a GPS-based road tax system by 2012. So you pay for how much you travel every year.

Assisted GPS (A-GPS) or Enhanced GPS (E-GPS) that people might be familiar with works on a similar principle. :)

The iPhone got A-GPS, and 90% of the time it's not accurate.

Only when there is open space(direct line of sight to satellites) then it's accurate. So, A-GPS that is dependent on base stations is not necessary accurate. It just speeds up the response.

The iPhone got A-GPS, and 90% of the time it's not accurate.

Only when there is open space(direct line of sight to satellites) then it's accurate. So, A-GPS that is dependent on base stations is not necessary accurate. It just speeds up the response.
No doubt the capability of the A-GPS function in a mobile phone can be rather restricted by its processing power of the embedded single chip GPS Integrated Circuit (IC) though on a more advance scale, a Ground Based Augmentation System (GBAS) to a Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) such as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Local Area Augmentation System (LAAS) could possibly enable a commercial airliner to land automatically in Category III (CAT III) zero visibility condition. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: No more patrolling traffic wardens, park illegally at a spot for more than 10 minutes and be fined automatically. :bsmilie:

Last edited: