Equipment for wedding shooting

Very good. Now just go ahead; don't worry too much about obtaining the "best" equipment. Use what you have coupled with a flash, and enjoy the learning and exploration process.

Not only would you discover the limits of what your gear can do, you will slowly discover the limits of what you see. What you notice and observe is much more important that what gear you use.

Since this is a wedding occasion, let me part with you a quote

"Stillness of hand cannot make up for emptiness of heart"

Thank bro icelava ..

so back to the equipment .. did you what in my list was enough...
the shooting was in malacca so i will need to carry alot of stuff up

so back to the equipment .. did you what in my list was enough...
the shooting was in malacca so i will need to carry alot of stuff up
Your second cam should need a flash as well. I believe the environment would be typically be dark, and the EF-S 55-250mm is not wide aperture; you cannot get fast shutter speeds.

Last edited:
Remember to show evidence that you are not shooting for money....... since you are going up north. The customs. Anyway, I don't wanna put more pressure with the horror stories about others and me (which I did kena once, coz I am shooting for $$$). Perhaps receipt of the rentals etc, shd be sufficient. I think without photos still ok, but better not to hold up the whole convoy. :D This is logistics + experience, nothing to do with shooting/equipment.

Remember to show evidence that you are not shooting for money....... since you are going up north. The customs.
What kind of obstacles did you encounter? I went up KL with a large bag of equipment and was never challenged.

What kind of obstacles did you encounter? I went up KL with a large bag of equipment and was never challenged.

I guess with a VG + PG with bigger bags of equipment it'd be much different. By right you are not supposed to earn money up there, its still gonna be a grey area. Of course day in day out people travel on trips with photographic equipment, but that argument does not stand here with the convoy and all (obviously). I cannot say for sure since I have went up less than 10 times, but its our Malaysian counterparts. It really depends.

Anyway astronomers (big nice equipment) going up north its very similar but for very slightly reason (more for taxation), but for them its coming back and its the MY side. Same for Hifi. Again it really depends. Someone having successful experiences in bringing back equipment like Hifi through Changi Airport does not count here (obviously). :)

Its not going to be a big issue of course, but just be aware....same goes for bringing back 3 packs of MY purchased cigarettes. Also really depends on how you handle, whether there are MY plates in convoy, Malay friends in the convoy (SG or malaysian), etc. Difficult to explain. Same goes for Indonesia through Batam/Balai/Riau via ferry (my wife's from Indo) but that is actually better as they have no reason to detain as its not common there, minum kopi also much easier to settle there.

Last night the big F1 concert for Missy Eillot at the Padang screwed up again. No sound no picture for like 8 minutes. :bsmilie: Same as last year.

Last edited: