Epson 2450 Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackie

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
nice!

btw i'm also looking at the epson 2450.. how much and where did u get it frm?? maybe u can do a mini review for us?? :D

I got mine at Interactive Media, Sim Lim #05-73/75 for $760. Prices are around there. I got mine at this price too because I bought a printer along it...

Mini Review? Mabbe when I've played long enough...and when I know how to operate the thing yet.

Bad thing is the manual (book) sucks...nothing much...have to refer to the CD to read about the uses.

Originally posted by Jimmy Liew
I got mine at Interactive Media, Sim Lim #05-73/75 for $760. Prices are around there. I got mine at this price too because I bought a printer along it...

Mini Review? Mabbe when I've played long enough...and when I know how to operate the thing yet.

Bad thing is the manual (book) sucks...nothing much...have to refer to the CD to read about the uses.

Can you post a unretouched 2400dpi scan from the 2450? Thanks. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Jimmy Liew

ic.. din have much chance to play with the demo set at the showroom. the assistant like scare i damage it.. duh~~

btw u r using the Epson Twain, Silverfast or Vuescan for the scanning??

Originally posted by ckiang

Can you post a unretouched 2400dpi scan from the 2450? Thanks. :)

Regards
CK

u been to the showroom yet?

i was there on mon.. my fren's fren not there.. so told another guy(this guy more "feminine") for a demo at 2400dpi at 100%.. but he keep saying the scan will be very big and his PC dun have that much memory.. he showed me by clicking on 16800dpi and 500%... of cos the damn image will go up to 500mb lah!
told him no no.. 2400 at 100%..
then he relunctantly change to 1200dpi and 250%(which means some interpolation?) and click scan! :confused:

no choice so juz let it scanned loh.. but the image turn out quite good even at 1200dpi. pretty impressed...

so when u getting urs? :D

Originally posted by hackie

u been to the showroom yet?

i was there on mon.. my fren's fren not there.. so told another guy(this guy more "feminine") for a demo at 2400dpi at 100%.. but he keep saying the scan will be very big and his PC dun have that much memory.. he showed me by clicking on 16800dpi and 500%... of cos the damn image will go up to 500mb lah!
told him no no.. 2400 at 100%..
then he relunctantly change to 1200dpi and 250%(which means some interpolation?) and click scan! :confused:

no choice so juz let it scanned loh.. but the image turn out quite good even at 1200dpi. pretty impressed...

so when u getting urs? :D

Haven't been to the showroom yet. Looks like that demo-er doesn't know much. ;p A 2400dpi 48-bit scan of a 35mm film will give a file size of approximately 46MB only. A 128MB system can easily handle that. :)

I am still evaluating this against dedicated film scanners like the Acer Scanwit 2740S and the Nikon Coolscan IV ED (my maximum budget). Gotta see how it performs. ;)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by hackie

hey..thanks.. but maybe we can cont this review thingy in the Review/Preview thread so as not to disrupt others from commenting on ur pic above.. sorry for the trouble... :dent:

Have shifted the scanner discussions here. :)

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.