EPL7 Heating up quickly

fbpoto77

Jul 18, 2015
singapore
Hi EPL7 Users,

Anyone has issue with EPL7 heating. I started to feel the heat in my after 5 mins of use. First it is hot near to battery compartment. Then whole camera body is hot. I used it for stills not videos. is it normal? Please reply before I bring it to service center.

Thanks in advance.

hi,

Hot is subjective. Mind sharing is it warm or hot? Hot to me means its not comfortable to hold in your hands to hold and yes, if that is the case u should bring it in.

I had tried the EPL7 for 2 weeks back then and it does feel warm after a while of continuous shooting but never hot.

Thanks Keithwee for you quick reply, It seems to me more than warm. Still I am able hold it. Just wondering 5 minutes shooting makes camera warm or hot. When you tried EPL7 do you remember how long it took before it became warm? I bought this camera just a week ago.

Hi,

I feel the same as Keith.
I tried taking around 100 photos with 3 sec intervals for time lapse. It does feel warm after that but not till the extent of hot.
To do a comparison, the heat generated from the camera is still cooler than how hot i feel my android phone is after playing like 30 mins of game.

Nt sure if relevant but my ep5 is jus as hot. Guess its part of compactness

I'm using EM5 and it becomes hot only in high ISO and of course videos, but not within 5 or even 10 minutes. The heat buildup will be at the monitor/lcd. If the heat buildup is within a short time try changing battery, and if still the same better check with Olympus. Hope it helps

mine doesnt feel hot at all unless i'm under the sun