EP3 ...one step 18 filter and picture mode photography...FILTER BRACKETING.

achanth

Dec 12, 2005
www.photography-xylec.blogspot.com
After attending the end user Olympus EP3 intro demo workshop (with tea thrown in):

You can take 18 filter and picture modes witn one shutter press...to give you what is known as FILTER BRACKETING.

Awesome...if you do not know which filter or mode to take, e.g. of Marina Sands, this is a good way to check.

I put up the 18 picture more in my website (uploading directly here takes time, have to go through photobucket, hope you dont mind).

http://www.photography-camera.com/2011/07/ep3-short-and-fast-17-filters-with-one.html

No complaints of picture quality so far, speed of focusing ...you all know.

Now that I am in KL, really miss Singapore's clubsnap...especially in the buy and sell. Here, slow.

It does save time - for people who do not know what filter they want to apply. But I reckon it's going to take up a lot of space on the SD card, I would take RAW and decide the art filter (if I want to) at post processing.

I'm actually more interested in the E-PM1, wonder when I will have a chance to play with it...

Can it combine different filters into an image?

cichlid said:

Of course! U can combine various permutations of the different filter. U can also adjust intensity of effect n even select where u want the effect to occur. In times of duress, the flash can also be popped and will emit a special sequence of flashes that will disorient any attacker or rapist. This camera maker has thought of everything bec the customers expect it to do everything n to b good in watever it does.

I don't think you can do it (apply filter stacking) if you shoot raw and then try to apply filter-stacking in Olympus-viewer software (post process). Also, if I did not remember wrongly, filter-bracketing does not support (include) filter stacking too - be it in camera or in Olympus viewer. As far as I remember, filter stacking is only valid for in-camera processing under 'art' mode. If somebody has an E-P3 and is able to do some quick test and feedback the findings, I'd appreciate that.