EOS M: M for Mirrorless

dolina

Jan 21, 2010
EOS M: M for Mirrorless

canon_mirrorless_f1.jpg

With a 22mm lens. Thank goodness I didn't buy into other MILC systems. :D

now to wait for the fill specs :D

It resembles a lot on the Nikon-1 series bodies...

Looks like an Ixus with changeable lens.

i prefer the retro look to this Gseries/powershot kind of look...

Yeah. I was hoping that it took on the look of an AE-1.

ricleo said:

Retro is not a criteria in the design phase... So far all Powershots, Ixus, EOS bodies have been modern in appearance.

No mode dials, no external dials for ISO, shutter speed, aperture, EV... I seriously think the EOS-M system are meant for the same target consumers as Nikon-1.

Just wondering... how many Canon DSLR users will bag one EOS-M if it does support EF and EF-S lenses via adapter?

Retro is not a criteria in the design phase... So far all Powershots, Ixus, EOS bodies have been modern in appearance.

No mode dials, no external dials for ISO, shutter speed, aperture, EV... I seriously think the EOS-M system are meant for the same target consumers as Nikon-1.

Just wondering... how many Canon DSLR users will bag one EOS-M if it does support EF and EF-S lenses via adapter?

Raise-Hand-Smiley-pic.jpg
depending on its price and if it can support EF and EF-S lens... so I no need to buy more lens :)

imagine this with the 400mm F2.8 lens :) Nice!!! For me I think it depends on the sensor size. If the Sensor is at least APS-C size I will seriously consider! Good for travelling. Who knows might have a dual Digic 5 hahaha!

it doesnt really make sense to use my EF lenses on the EOS-M, simply because the lenses are too big. The new STM pancake lenses are a different story though. If canon's mirrorless implementation is good, with a good set of lenses, good AF, good ISO performance, I will consider buying one, but I will not buy it for the sake of using EF lenses.

Imagine using your 24-70, or 70-200 on this.

it be weird for it to use EF/EFS lens, but it sure do save in lens investment!

Niwaes! Hope it came out soon!!

Maybe no adapter is needed! Since the mount is called EF-M. Like EF-S... Who knows, EF may just fit directly :)

Interesting.... :think:

Might be interested if I could still use my EF and EF-S lenses without restriction (no AF... etc). And of course... still have to wait for full spec and price. Might be good for a holiday when Weight is a concern... only a few day till 23rd :bsmilie:

CR expecting a "boring" release... I guess we won't be seeing any new tech on the EOS:M.

We have the 40mm as a glorified lens cap, now we might have a glorified rear caps for those super telephotos LOL!

if it's real. I'm disappointed

Read so report that the Sensor might be APS-C instead of using G1x sensor... if the Camera inside of the photo is True... then 22mm on APS-C (x1.6) should be 35mm on traditional films... which make more sense than some other Sensor Size.... :think:

yES, G series look sooo much better
how come Fuji X100 can look sooo good and Canon has to look sooooo UGLY

I think it looks fine...no need for retro look to compete with say fuji or olympus. The design looks simple and clean in a sense not many protruding dials. Probably not for me as I already have G1X for compact. But depending on crop factor....may consider it if it fits EF lenses with af maintained for budget birding.