EOS Experience Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did register, maybe my mail become SPAM. :cry:
BTW, you guys enjoy the day, will be occupied in weekends. :)

I see... ;) Sure will be crowded that day.

Well... according to their website www.canon.com.sg/eos the event is from 10am to 6pm. Bring other brand's lens to test with their cameras? :think:

A bit rude... but I dun think they'll throw you out since you're a guest... :bsmilie:

No, dun mean to be rude. Thing is, I just bought my first manual focus lens recently and find it kinda difficult to focus thru my small viewfinder. Would like to test it on the larger viewfinders and FF bodies to see the difference. Besides, this lens is not really Canon's competitor like Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Fuji, etc.

No, dun mean to be rude. Thing is, I just bought my first manual focus lens recently and find it kinda difficult to focus thru my small viewfinder. Would like to test it on the larger viewfinders and FF bodies to see the difference. Besides, this lens is not really Canon's competitor like Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Fuji, etc.

Wrt your focusing problem, have you considered getting an angle finder like Seagull's for a 2x viewfinder magnification?

Also to check, which manual focus lens do you have? Heard they were quite cheap and thinking of getting one for where focusing is not crucial. 8p

Which body are you using btw? If its the xxxD series (e.g 400D), I would tend to agree with you....the viewfinder in these cams is a joke...MF is really tough with such tiny and dim viewfinders.

Also to check, which manual focus lens do you have? Heard they were quite cheap and thinking of getting one for where focusing is not crucial. 8p
Sorry, but the truth is the exact opposite: its Manual focus....how to achieve proper images if focusing is not crucial? :dunno: Thus the need for a good viewfinder - in the past, during the MF era, some cameras used to have split-screen focusing screens in their vf to aid in manual focusing. And the vf were usually very bright and clear as well.

Sorry, but the truth is the exact opposite: its Manual focus....how to achieve proper images if focusing is not crucial? :dunno: Thus the need for a good viewfinder - in the past, during the MF era, some cameras used to have split-screen focusing screens in their vf to aid in manual focusing. And the vf were usually very bright and clear as well.[/QUOTE]

Err.. 'proper' images is subjective ?

Err.. 'proper' images is subjective ?
'Proper' images as in meaning properly focused image..sometimes especially for macro work or portraiture, plane of focus is crucial due to shallow DOF created by nature of such lenses (usually large aperture). AF lenses save you the trouble of doing the focusing but when you focus using manual focus only, and/or shoot close to wide open, the point of focus is critical...imagine instead of focus on a model's eye you focus on the ear instead...the resultant image is not what one desire's unless of course you are going for 'arty' or surreal kind of shots, then again in this context it is still quite subjective of course, and depends on what kind of effects the photographer is going for.

Bottomline is, you still need a proper viewfinder which allows enough light in so that your task of achieving proper focus is made easier, when you are using MF lenses.

Just got my confirmation via email.:)

Do you all know how to get there via public transport? Sorrie... Me pretty clueless. :embrass: The map given by Canon hardly helps.

Thanks for any help.

Free shuttle bus service will be available from Bedok MRT station to Canon EOS Experience Day on
16 June, Saturday - 9.15am, 12.15pm and 3.15pm
17 June, Sunday - 9.15am

Free shuttle bus service will be available from Bedok MRT station to Canon EOS Experience Day on
16 June, Saturday - 9.15am, 12.15pm and 3.15pm
17 June, Sunday - 9.15am

Oh wow. thanks. I must have missed that out. I hope they have a bus out from there also. :p

Oh wow. thanks. I must have missed that out. I hope they have a bus out from there also. :p

good qns. i also want to know. But if none, den just walk across the underpasses to east coast n take bus bah. :(

Where do i register? I couldn't find it in their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.