EOS 7D user,information sharing thread.

eh you mean u have a 1.1.10?

that mean , upon shipment arrive CSC , they need to updated the cam to latest version of firmware. that fast. later more visit to CSC from the 7D user. if not quick enough and bare with pervious version firmware.

I certainly hope that they update my firmware before they adjust my AF, I don't want the new update to mess up my AF again.

I would just like some information on the 7D about using Canon's flashes on it.

Just used a third party, Canon 580EX and a wireless trigger on the hot shoe mount of a 5Dm2. Checking custom options, I found out that the Camera will tell me that is an unrecognised flash that does not support E-TTL II and therefore, will not allow me to use rear curtain sync. Apparently, I can't use that feature on strobes or any flash apart from the 580EX II.

Does anyone have a Speedlite 580 and 580II to test whether this problem also occurs in the 7D?

got the 1.1.0 firmware on the unit i just got . . . been shooting since friday, so far so good :) . . . i guess this new 7D has taken the tag "King of APS-C" back, heh :D

yea, I noticed that it says 1.1.0 .. hopefully its 10 and not 0 and that I've updated it correctly. Only a casual photographer, not much diff but the AF does focus better (and a little more).
Maybe its just me but under low light with not so fast lenses, it tries harder to focus .. But still, with good lighting, its a charm to use ..

I would just like some information on the 7D about using Canon's flashes on it.

Just used a third party, Canon 580EX and a wireless trigger on the hot shoe mount of a 5Dm2. Checking custom options, I found out that the Camera will tell me that is an unrecognised flash that does not support E-TTL II and therefore, will not allow me to use rear curtain sync. Apparently, I can't use that feature on strobes or any flash apart from the 580EX II.

Does anyone have a Speedlite 580 and 580II to test whether this problem also occurs in the 7D?

if im not wrong, canon is unable to use rear curtain sync on wireless flash, regardless of using wireless trigger or canon's speedlite transmitter (or master flash on hotshoe).

if im not wrong, canon is unable to use rear curtain sync on wireless flash, regardless of using wireless trigger or canon's speedlite transmitter (or master flash on hotshoe).
That is correct. I get around this by chaining multiple OC-E3 cables. Waiting for my Pocketwizard Flex TT5 and Mini TT1 to arrive from my friend though.

strangely, the 580EX does not work as well.

I tried the 580EX II and it does provide the rear curtain.

bloody hell. 580ex cost $$ ok!

Hi, I just got my 7D body at $2376 (cash and included GST) (2 4GF CF card and Canon bad) today. Camera's firmware has been upgarded to 1.0.10. I am upgrade from 400D.

Can't wait to test now.

Seem like u also had the lobang can get direct from Canon at $2220 b4 GST.

Hi, I just got my 7D body at $2376 (cash and included GST) (2 4GF CF card and Canon bad) today. Camera's firmware has been upgarded to 1.0.10. I am upgrade from 400D.

Can't wait to test now.

Last edited:
Seem like u also had the lobang can get direct from Canon at $2220 b4 GST.

No no. I'm not get from Canon directly.
Bought it at Funan.

Hi Ichoong,

Do you know what's price for 7d plus 15-85mm kit lens?

Hi Ichoong,

Do you know what's price for 7d plus 15-85mm kit lens?

sorry battery555, did not ask for this. You can try to call this no. 6336 8767 (SLR revolution) to ask for the price.

sorry battery555, did not ask for this. You can try to call this no. 6336 8767 (SLR revolution) to ask for the price.

Thank you very dude :) looks I affected by BBBBB virus

Juz to update on my 7D experience from last weekend shooting Orchard lightings.

You'd better be damn good with your hand holding techniques.

18MP resolution + aps-c + that mirror flapping got quite a few of my handheld shots "blurry" compared to the 30D in similar condition. All the tripod shots were tack sharp tho.

Secondly, can someone verify that shooting at high quality M-jpeg. Tends to be quite soft as oppose to using PC for size reduction. Thx.

Last edited:

Can't wait to test now.
Where'd you get this pricing? Was at CP earlier and was quoted S$2499 by a guy named James. Luckily didn't buy. :bsmilie:

:Later,

Yeah prices keep getting lower, 2376 for body + GST and 2 CF cards is the best I've heard so far.