EOS 7D C modes revert after standby

icelava

Feb 5, 2009
Bishan
www.flickr.com
The custom dial modes that i preset are based on settings that i estimated to be "average" among the environments i would be photographing. But of course, there are often cases when i need to further adjust those presets to properly match the current situation.

e.g. C2 set to AI Servo; Zone AF; ISO 400, etc

In a darker area, i'd have to increase ISO sensitivity to maybe 800, 1600. If i leave the camera idle for 4 mins (idle timeout) it would standby. And upon waking up, the ISO setting reverts back to 400. So would any other setting deviated from the preset. This is highly undesirable.

I have not seen anything that tells the camera to remember the settings before standby?

Have you save the setting after the changes?

Last edited:
The setting stored is based on what u set before saving. Any changes make after that without saving will revert to the stored setting after wake up.

you have to register/save the settings to each of the C1/2/3 modes. each time the camera wakes up it will revert to the saved settings, and not the last used setting.

Exactly, i'd love for the camera to retain my present usage settings, like how it remembers what was set in M Av Tv. Having the camera revert the preset C settings when i pull it to my face after a while is pretty annoying.