EOS 600D Change to Nikon D7000 or D300?

Do not post same message in Nikon and Canon sections at the same time.

4. Spam - We will not tolerate posting of the same message to two or more forums. Any such posts will be merged or deleted and repeated abuse will result in banishment.
Terms of Use

Threads merged.

Hi, first of all i'm a nikon user, just share a bit why i chose nikon at the first place, and what's the pros and cons that i found when using the system.

First, when I first bought the D90, it's the only camera that fits my hand best (500D was too small, 50D was too big, 60D was not born yet). Besides, Nikon offer better entry level system at that time. Meaning the entry level lenses is more attractive there (e.g. 18-70, 18-135, 18-105 VR, 16-85, 18-200) which canon do not have at that time. And primes that i like are all available in Nikon line up. And I did not and still don't want to spend too much of my hard earn money on camera stuff. Overall i'm quite happy with it. Eventhough canon had come out with similar offering, but price is much more expensive (i'm talking about entry lenses).

Here's come with the cons, if you intend to upgrade your lenses, there is less bridge between the entry and pro lenses. Either you stick with quite good entry or u folk out big money to buy those 2.8 lenses. For Canon, there is f4 offering which is more affordable.

After all, its depends which brand that makes you feel more comfortable, as long as you happy with it, it's a good system.
Best idea is to stay with what you have now, but if you feel happier to jump ship, then do it sooner rather then later, since you are still new (i assume) and have little lost if sell your current setup.

Cheers.

..... but if you feel happier to jump ship, then do it sooner rather then later, since you are still new (i assume) and have little lost if sell your current setup.

Cheers.

Best advice so far. Agree.

At the end of the day, just go with your "feeling"......

I started with Canon 3 years ago....even though I was leaning towards Nikon at that time. Hard to explain, just felt that Nikon is "me" even though I know that both systems all are the same more or less.
Still I went with Canon. It works fine, nothing to complain about Canon, but deep down I still wished I had gone for Nikon....
Until my Canon 450d command dial fell off, and to cut a long story short, I was pissed off with Canon's reply to my complaint and decided to try Nikon.

People laughed at me. Changed system just because I was not happy.
So now, I'm poorer....But I'm happier....

hmm most important u must be happy =)... just ignore what other say.. if u like d7000 just go for it.. if u like d300 just go for it also..

dont let other affect you..

Firstly, sorry for even mentioning the N word in the canon forum :embrass:

Secondly, i have a 600D, 18-55mm, 55-200 and 50mm f/1.8.

When i use my friend's D7000 i was impressed, the autofocus was quick and it is weather sealed. And with the 18-105, it caused about $2000. Around the amount i spent my money on my kit.

Now im considering to sell the kit to buy a second hand D7000 or D300. Should i?
I think a few already mentioned this in some way.
You are not comparing apple to apple.
rather you might want to get a chance to "feel" the 60D for better comparison with D7000

The reason why I compare 600D and D300 and D7000 is because the 2nd hand body price around my budget and 60D left a bad impression on me.

I think by switching camps you should also consider the price of lens in each camp. Nikon is usually a little pricier than canon. Not to say that canon is inferior because of this but because it is just priced like this.
Why this is important is because u might use the body for a couple years but during which how many more lenses will you buy? Will you be happy with the kit lens throughout?

I was a previous canon 450d user and I switch to nikon. My main reason for switching was because I preferred the buttons layout and interface of nikon. Picture quality wise it's very personal so I won't comment on that.

I would suggest you try out ur 600d with a 17-55 f2.8 and judge if you still feel a need to switch. I have personally tested this exact combo and I felt that it is no slouch to that of the nikon camp.

as someone mentioned, this is a 'heart problem'.

ts is posting here simply to get affirmation from others to vindicate his own decision; deep down he's already decided to switch; all his posts are rationalizing his 'illogical' decision to switch camps.

like others, i say, do whatever makes you happy. the human heart is illogical anyway.

TS why don't you consider a 7D? You get to keep your lenses too. And the 7d performs just as well as a d300 with great video to boot.

it is always better to keep to the brand for simple economic reason.
Unless you got a really compelling reason to do so.
You can check out 7D. It is the Canon flagship for crop frame dslr.

Firstly, sorry for even mentioning the N word in the canon forum :embrass:

Secondly, i have a 600D, 18-55mm, 55-200 and 50mm f/1.8.

When i use my friend's D7000 i was impressed, the autofocus was quick and it is weather sealed. And with the 18-105, it caused about $2000. Around the amount i spent my money on my kit.

Now im considering to sell the kit to buy a second hand D7000 or D300. Should i?

Is the above issue the reason of keeping you from getting good photos? this is the question you got to ask yourself since a quick autofocus & weather sealed may not help much in snapping great shots, why spend addition to switch. May be 3-5yrs down the road, it is the other way around, are you going to switch back?

Last edited: