EOS 600D Change to Nikon D7000 or D300?

have u try canon 60D, 7D or even 5D mkII? 600D and D7000 are of different class.

i would stick to canon unless i've a stronger reasons to switch camp.

...5DII can compare focussing with D7000?.hmmmm....anyway TS stand to loose less now if he switch rather than after accumulating an armoury of lenses....

Seems damn slow and IQ quite bad even though i borrow 7D's kit lens, the 15-85mm.

You can compare all this in the camera shop. Or just go to Canon and Nikon service centre.

IMHO, 7D with 15-85 shouldn't be an issue. Unless you consider the AF speed slow, when generally people find it fast to cope with most situations.

And faster AF speed doesn't mean it is accurate. :D

I worry about both AF and IQ. Was thinking about changing to 7D. But still quite new second hand price still ex.

Of course nikon d7000 AF faster they have so many cross point AF, 600d only have 1 in the middle, u ned to compare canon 600d n nikon d5100 where both hav only 1 middle cross point. U can compare 60d vs d7000 n c which AF faster. Hav to compare apple with apple not apple with pear. Hope it helps :) btw I do feel nikon images shaper even though I'm canon 600d too

The rumor thing goes saying D4 & D400 will be out end of August 2011.
You might want to hang on with your current cam think through whether you really want to switch camp. Think carefully first, not to be in a haste...

my experience was that when I sold away Canon cam, I waited about 2 weeks later then I got the D300s.
The 2 weeks was quite slow, I spent lots of time reading up about the body and lenses.

The rumor thing goes saying D4 & D400 will be out end of August 2011.
You might want to hang on with your current cam think through whether you really want to switch camp. Think carefully first, not to be in a haste...

my experience was that when I sold away Canon cam, I waited about 2 weeks later then I got the D300s.
The 2 weeks was quite slow, I spent lots of time reading up about the body and lenses.

B4 that what model you used?

Lol. 5D Mk ii and 60D no hope.

I think the 5D first gen only costs $1500 second hand. Although D7k is much newer and has more features, sticking to canon is much wiser. If you are really leaning towards nikon more or have decided to, then welcome to the dark side.

By the way, D7000 and D300 are both different levels. Here's how it roughly works

D5k/D3k/D3100/D5100 - 500D/550D/600D

D90/D7000 - 50D/60D

D300/D300s - 7D

D700 - 5D series

D3/D3s/D3x - 1Ds mkIII (1DmkIII/1DmkIV)

Popsicles said:
Firstly, sorry for even mentioning the C word in the nikon forum

Secondly, i have a 600D, 18-55mm, 55-200 and 50mm f/1.8.

When i use my friend's D7000 i was impressed, the autofocus was quick and it is weather sealed. And with the 18-105, it caused about $2000. Around the amount i spent my money on my kit.

Now im considering to sell the kit to buy a second hand D7000 or D300. Should i?

My personal point of view is that if u decides to switch, better to switch now as 600D should get you better price due to it's still the current model. And you can share lens with your bro who is also on nikon.

But d7000 hunts badly in low light too, at least my d7000 does it even with fast lens at the so called 8 crossed sensors. Only the centre af point is reliable at low light. Maybe my cam got issues. not sure.

Popsicles said:
Firstly, sorry for even mentioning the N word in the canon forum :embrass:

Secondly, i have a 600D, 18-55mm, 55-200 and 50mm f/1.8.

When i use my friend's D7000 i was impressed, the autofocus was quick and it is weather sealed. And with the 18-105, it caused about $2000. Around the amount i spent my money on my kit.

Now im considering to sell the kit to buy a second hand D7000 or D300. Should i?

Wait for the newer nikon bodies. Apparently coming out soon. Hahaha

TS. If you are comfortable with Nikon, then go ahead and buy a Nikon. There really is no need to ask for permission or opinion in either Nikon or Canon's forum. Photography is very personal, as long as you are happy with your choice, do it then.

Seems damn slow and IQ quite bad even though i borrow 7D's kit lens, the 15-85mm.

in wad way the IQ's bad?

I worry about both AF and IQ. Was thinking about changing to 7D. But still quite new second hand price still ex.

if im not wrong, 600D's sensor is the same as its predecessor, which is also the same as 7D's. why worry about IQ and AF when it comes to 7D though? there r so many satisfied users out there, and there r many many nice photos captured using that camera online. i dun see how it can hinder ur decision when it comes to AF n IQ of this cam. furthemore, 7D's AF is already pretty quick, since it has 19 cross-type AF points.

watch this video also

[vid]ILcZOho2et4[/vid]

Last edited:
TS. If you are comfortable with Nikon, then go ahead and buy a Nikon. There really is no need to ask for permission or opinion in either Nikon or Canon's forum. Photography is very personal, as long as you are happy with your choice, do it then.

yeah, it is your money anyway, spend it however you like..haha

D7000 is in a different class. Its considered between Mid-High range. U shouldnt compare it to a 600D which is entry model.
U should give 7D a try before u sell your lens. If u still think D7000 is much better den 7D den i would say go ahead.

Go put on a 70-200 f2.8L on your camera body, I assure you that you will have no problems with AF speed. If you do, changing systems will not help, unless you want to get a D3s.

Frankly, looks more like its a heart problem more than a head problem :D

Change your heart if its a heart problem :D

If its a head problem then lets look at it this way:
1. You are comparing D600 (entry+) with D7k (good mid-level)
2. There are 2 more equivalent options 60D and 7D. 7D is known to have fast AF speed.
3. You are comparing kit lenses on both cameras or different? This can affect AF speed.
4. Is AF speed so critical? 1/2s, 1s, 2s difference? To make all this change worth while?

On the plus side, your logic is 'sound'. If you can sell off at $1700, You loose a bit, but you get rid of a heart problem which can eat into you.
On the other hand, you only have 1 lens rather than 3 lenses.

Think over it, if its worth the cost and trouble.
Try out the 60D and 7D first, before deciding.

Last edited:

yeah, it is your money anyway, spend it however you like..haha

;) nuff said

TS already mention that he/she like the D7000 better than 600D so what's the point of talking it down, just join the dark side lorh lol XD