EOS 5D mkII or EOS 7D or EOS 50D or EOS 550D/500D/450D/1000D (*shutter sound)

is like that one lah... neighbor's grass is greener than ours..

Nikon Mid-range shutter sound the best. But I like my 350D sound, doesn't sound as plastic as its future models.

Nikon Mid-range shutter sound the best. But I like my 350D sound, doesn't sound as plastic as its future models.

I actually don't like the d80 shutter. Too soft...not enough kick/'recoil' in my hand imo. Which midrange nikon you talking about?

20D :devil:

20D is very loud. 5D1 sounds similar. 7D sounds hollow. But any of them is better than the squeaky, fake, recorded mirror slap sound those PnS make :angry:

c'mon man, dont be too literal... the topic "shutter sound" is the whole opening & closing of the curtain + the mirror slap...:sweat:

Sorry man, but some CS'ers are too 'chin chai' to me, mixing up mirror slap and shutter sound, or worse, calling the 5D2, just 5D. :confused:

can change the shutter sounds or not? like in hp?

There is, take a sledgehammer to it, and i'll be in vibrate mode. Hehehehee.

Ooops, I mean whimper mode.

Seriously, unless we are shooting wildlife, does it matter? Equipment is only a small fraction to snapping a good picture. Yr eyes are more important. Cos if on the day of the shoot, the equipment fails, your eyes capture the vista, and you walk away with everlasting memories.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I actually don't like the d80 shutter. Too soft...not enough kick/'recoil' in my hand imo. Which midrange nikon you talking about?

I've tried the D80 'not enough kick' acceptable but 'recoil' geezus we are not shooting
a rifle but a camera.If there's 'recoil' pictures turn out 100% blur or not even an image is captured.:)

I've tried the D80 'not enough kick' acceptable but 'recoil' geezus we are not shooting
a rifle but a camera.If there's 'recoil' pictures turn out 100% blur or not even an image is captured.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Who wants to feel the recoil then later camera shake then blur pictures ...:sweat:

and to add one of the reason i did not buy canon's xxxd series because of that disgusting squeaking sound :sticktong

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Who wants to feel the recoil then later camera shake then blur pictures ...:sweat:

and to add one of the reason i did not buy canon's xxxd series because of that disgusting squeaking sound :sticktong

Yah! I hate that squeaky sound man... Used frenls 40D last wk. Much nicer solid click.

c'mon man, dont be too literal... the topic "shutter sound" is the whole opening & closing of the curtain + the mirror slap...:sweat:

hp shutter sound is a sound clip... the dslr's shutter is a mechanically created... if can change, muted will be the best.

Dudes.. which of your dSLR has a shutter har? I think mine must have fallen off my camera. Last I saw beneth the mirror was just the sensor. I don't even have a curtain. :cry:

I also agree, there's no need to be literally correct because we're all absolute newbies who can't distinguish a dslr from an slr. Who need to learn the proper things about photography equipment anyway?