EOS 1D ISO 800 shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Jed
I've posted the sequence here.

Admittedly, there is actually a gap in the sequence between 4 and 5 that I've only just noticed after posting.

WoW! the d1x serves you well! noise level is acceptable. What about large shadow areas? does it give u problems?

To be honest, I don't have a complaint with ISO 800. That probably has something to do with the fact that I'm forever having to shoot at ISO 1600 :p so after that everything looks great.

But doing comparisons with the shot you've posted, I think it's on a par with the 1D. Which I'm quite happy about because of the D1x's physically smaller chip, and extra pixels, meaning that in theory the 1D should have better low light performance.

When I can obviously I prefer to shoot at lower ISOs for the better dynamic range and resolution. But I've no problems with it generally whatsoever.

Originally posted by Darren
I was playing with the EOS1D at Cathay the other day and took some pics at ISO1600 - close scrutiny of the images don't show the banding nor the horizontal line problem, so believe Canon has fixed them already.

Shots at ISO1600 was very clean, relatively noise-free compared to the D1x - very impressive.

And the speed is truly amazing - shutter response, mirror blackout, etc.

I am very envious ;p
Join the Dark side...
Canon 1D(ark side)...
Then can share lenses!!!!!

Originally posted by mylau

Ha! Ha! That's very funny. Dear friends, I'm moving house soon. I am getting rid of the furnitures. That's why I have such an empty hall. Just sold off my flat and bought a bigger one at Jurong East.

Maybe can have house warming too....;)

all i want for christmas is a 1D :kok:
sniff...santa claus better be reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.