Enquiry on Canon 600d..

Rafael Tribiyani

Oct 11, 2011
Hey guys,
Im currently using a canon 600d..
My concern is that, when i turn my camera sideways, the details/picture on my screen doesn't follow to turn/flip as well.. I'hv turn on my auto rotate function in my menu setting but it still doesn't work.. Is it something wrong with my camera or is this thing just doesn't apply to Canon 600d camera..

Thanks for ur attention 

Correct me if I'm wrong:

When you are viewing images you've taken vertically, the auto rotate feature will supposedly rotate them so you can view them without having to rotate your camera.

It will not rotate the overlaying details / pictures when you are composing / framing your shot.

Read your manual.

My concern is that, when i turn my camera sideways, the details/picture on my screen doesn't follow to turn/flip as well.. I'hv turn on my auto rotate function in my menu setting but it still doesn't work.. Is it something wrong with my camera or is this thing just doesn't apply to Canon 600d camera..
This is a DSLR, not an iSomething ...
Why should the display flip to vertical orientation? Most of the time you'll use viewfinder (otherwise you got the wrong camera type). For those few cases where you might need Life View in Portrait orientation just set the parameters first, then flip the camera and take the pic.

Alright!! Thanks for ur help in this matter! :)
Cheers! N happy new year to u guys!!