enough about models and organisers

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best part are suggestions coming from people not even active in such photography or industry as they seek to impose their own level of morality onto others...

While I too have similar stand regarding this issue... I find that this particular quote isn't fair.

Non of us as any wiser as to what happened on scene when such things happen unless we are a witness to it.

The best part are suggestions coming from people not even active in such photography or industry as they seek to impose their own level of morality onto others - and they will not be affected because they are neither the mods or admins who need to do the work, nor are they the people to whom the inconveniences may be subjected to.

:bsmilie:

oh, i see, now i have to be a rubbish collector to suggest things on rubbish collecting procedures

or a plumber to suggest things regarding piping in a house

or a taxi driver to suggest what is wrong with taxi prices..

or a erp gantry to suggest what is wrong with erp......

or i actually have to take public transport to make noise about the public transport system

ridiculous!!!!!!!!! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie: is this all sounding familiar? thanks, i will copy this quote, it is going to be very useful in kopitiam. :)

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

in particular, when ACCUSATIONS are made, but zero happens

what does this say for coming clean and speaking up? nothing, you speak up, you risk everything, but you gain nothing. if i were the person speaking up, the next time i will just keep quiet, since serves no purpose.

you are looking down on some good members... like AHV... ;)

Like U? :think:

I now in midst of looking for either a short course or another maybe 3 year course... (yes... i never stop having classes... class addict)

Should i go interview every wannabe? have a test shoot with them then i rate them and give them permit to post in Services Offered?

i am going to be blunt, do you think i will be neutral? :bsmilie:

my question is going to be; so far, i have been very realistic, i never expect interviews, i only expect one simple thing :

make personal services offered members-viewable only and maybe place a sticky thread regarding such dangers there, just as a public service announcement, is that very hard?

if you say, it is very hard, for the first, i am sorry, i am not mod, i don't know how it is done, but i see it being done for P&P; for the second, you give the interested members enough time to write, i will coordinate it by the end of a month and with mods' permission, post it up nicely. :thumbsup:

i am going to be blunt, do you think i will be neutral? :bsmilie:

my question is going to be; so far, i have been very realistic, i never expect interviews, i only expect one simple thing :

make personal services offered members-viewable only and maybe place a sticky thread regarding such dangers there, just as a public service announcement, is that very hard?

if you say, it is very hard, for the first, i am sorry, i am not mod, i don't know how it is done, but i see it being done for P&P; for the second, you give the interested members enough time to write, i will coordinate it by the end of a month and with mods' permission, post it up nicely. :thumbsup:

Should not be a problem. But... does it make a diff if its members viewable only?

I'll discuss with the admins. Sound reasonable, but not exactly realistic.

or have a meet the moderator session.

i'll be free after next week.

btw, just notice... the top 3 farts are here... goat post count darn high now.

Should not be a problem. But... does it make a diff if its members viewable only?

I'll discuss with the admins. Sound reasonable, but not exactly realistic.

ok, let me explain my pov on why this will make a difference;

1) if members viewable, IF THE MODELS care enough, and this will be mentioned in the sticky, if it is done, then they can easily ask for nickname - case in point, that last nattie thread

2) with nickname, they need to log in, got ip address, whether static or not, i don't know if it works, but if need be, if anything ugly happens, at least there is something concrete, however stupid or dumb the person involved was, better than nothing

3) easily implementable, at least i think so

4) at least got nickname, there is reference point, since some of these people do not even meet up with the models, they just try their luck and talk dirty over msn with fake accounts, and pretend they do not have cs nicks; with this implementation, cannot pretend this way, and can name and shame

5) definitely will have dissuasion and deterrent purposes, while people feel safer being anonymously and hiding behind nicknames like "night86mare" , they will think twice, since there are ways and means to track, unless they are plain dumb; in which case, then they will get caught by other means in the long run

i also know what you mean about stickies.... but at least it is better than nothing. remember what i stress again and again, i also know this is not going to be some magic tool that eradicates all perverts the next day.

what i want to see is the community i am in, taking a stand, as photographers, against black sheep amongst us. i hope that is really, not too much to ask for.

dun lah quote my sweeping statement

we cannot do anything if the "victim" does not want to name the culprit and report him to the police. what else can we do as an online community? maybe everytime you see a new "model wannabe" you can pm him/her to the dangers that lurk in that industry.

but as i said, this is already common sense, i have seen this since i was a teenager and it is the same now, only easier with the internet.

not to mention beauty pageants, people offering too-good-to-be-true stuff
money for nothing, promise the moon for little or no effort, strike the spanish lottery ... ...

the list goes on and on

u very nice to quote mah :embrass:

Yap agree most of the time one should exercise common sense, the model wannabe should make the judgement call herself and not rely on the forum or other individuals to provide feedback.

If you ask the victim to log in a case with the police, it would also be pointless. Frankly speaking, there isn't much the police can do either since there was no "crime" committed. Most of the time the "victims" would just treat it as a bad experience and let the matter rest... and the individual gets away with it.

The best part are suggestions coming from people not even active in such photography or industry as they seek to impose their own level of morality onto others - and they will not be affected because they are neither the mods or admins who need to do the work, nor are they the people to whom the inconveniences may be subjected to.

rather than any other group(s) who are seeking to use this platform for their own purposes.

Imposing morality ? Huh !??
You dun need to be a saint to feel it's unacceptable for a photographer to ask models for a bj during the photo taking.

The best part are suggestions coming from people not even active in such photography or industry as they seek to impose their own level of morality onto others

Does a higher level of involvement in photography grants an individual more rights to do so ? Or even better more say in the matter ?

I don't have anything personal against u but I just do not agree to the points you raised up .

Yes I very much do agree that some of the suggestions would not make much impact except incurring more work on the admin and mod team, pretty much of it goes back to common sense and the individual involved.

Like what the others said in the other thread, the intention is to raise awareness.

I juz hope in doing so... it is to be emphasised appropriately, least it gives a false sense of security to the already naive wannabes.

If you think the police can't be even help, yet you want CS to be pseudo police to police such behaviour which happens outside of CS?

Next thing we also want platforms like Straits Times Classified Ads to police the ads and make sure people answering ads adhere to a certain level.

Or maybe we want Facebook or Friendster to also police and make sure XMM's don't fall prey to the Internet Wolf.

I think a difference needs to be drawn as to the role of CS in the whole matter. Just because it is a potentially sensitive issue of a XMM getting cheated, does not mean all guns need to come out blazing to protect them from themselves, especially when CS isn't even the correct entity doing the protection.

No worries on things being personal :) I don't take things that personally - we can always agree to disagree.

u very nice to quote mah :embrass:

Yap agree most of the time one should exercise common sense, the model wannabe should make the judgement call herself and not rely on the forum or other individuals to provide feedback.

If you ask the victim to log in a case with the police, it would also be pointless. Frankly speaking, there isn't much the police can do either since there was no "crime" committed. Most of the time the "victims" would just treat it as a bad experience and let the matter rest... and the individual gets away with it.

Imposing morality ? Huh !??
You dun need to be a saint to feel it's unacceptable for a photographer to ask models for a bj during the photo taking.

The best part are suggestions coming from people not even active in such photography or industry as they seek to impose their own level of morality onto others

Does a higher level of involvement in photography grants an individual more rights to do so ? Or even better more say in the matter ?

I don't have anything personal against u but I just do not agree to the points you raised up .

Yes I very much do agree that some of the suggestions would not make much impact except incurring more work on the admin and mod team, pretty much of it goes back to common sense and the individual involved.

Like what the others said in the other thread, the intention is to raise awareness.

Agree with you on this, and it was what I was trying to say as well.

I agree that CS should not go towards the direction of being a nanny forum, no forum should be. There's only so much we can do as an online community
to protect the interests of photographers/ models. And as one moderator always emphasize, CS as a photography forum is not just about model shooting.

It always take 2 hands to clap, and sometimes it's no use trying to protect someone who don't wish to be protected in the first place, as evident in many
incidents quoted by fellow CSers. We as photographers can weed out the errand shooter and whack him jialat jialat to let him know the community is on to him.

As for the models, maybe they can set up their own communication network or something to share information, send out alerts and create awareness, etc.

Just me humble opinion, don't :flame: me please.

Its okay, it is foreseeable that you misinterpret the statement to one of qualifications when it wasn't even the case.

I also guess that you subscribe to the view of making policies from without knowing what happens in that particular area, ala cowboy style.

You are also probably the type of scholar who enjoys making policies in the same way our Government does, not knowing or experiencing the actual things on ground, but choosing to make decisions from afar.

No issues, it is clear to me and is as ridiculous to me as it is to you :) Its also worthy to copy for future use in KPT as well :)

Anyway I was wondering why you were so defensive when it wasn't even addressed to you, but after thinking a bit more, I realised it ex post facto.

oh, i see, now i have to be a rubbish collector to suggest things on rubbish collecting procedures

or a plumber to suggest things regarding piping in a house

or a taxi driver to suggest what is wrong with taxi prices..

or a erp gantry to suggest what is wrong with erp......

or i actually have to take public transport to make noise about the public transport system

ridiculous!!!!!!!!! is this all sounding familiar? thanks, i will copy this quote, it is going to be very useful in kopitiam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough is Enough.

This is what I think, and I think it is the only reasonable thing to do.

Let me go into what WE "CS" should not do. CS should not become our nanny, our mother, our guardian, and we as members should be responsible for our actions and welfare. CS does not need such responsibility.

I have been pushing photographers to stand up for their rights when dealing with models and organizers, or any service providers. This applies to the models too. They must watch out for their own welfare, and stand up to enforce their rights.

We as a community must also not jump into a mob mentality at every single opportunity.

All the talk about registration, getting personal particulars etc when joining photo shoot, etc etc, is but setting up another ungainly bureaucracy that no one wants to administrate and worst, to secure the data from malicious intention.

We are adults, at least most of us are. We are therefore responsible of our own welfare. Not CS or any other organization.

Should i go interview every wannabe? have a test shoot with them then i rate them and give them permit to post in Services Offered?

when u wanna have a talk with these xmms? :devil:

I tink I let my cam do the tokking instead, I dun mind to test-shoot and rating them... ;p :devil:

Seriously, I believe you and I know the effectiveness and futility of such restriction.... lets hope those that "are to be affected" take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.